Tim O'Brien Homes Inc.
Our organization is looking for a Purchasing Assistant to support the Purchasing and Design teams. This will include assisting with process and system creation, data tracking and rebate submissions. We are looking for someone who is organized and detail-oriented. This individual will also be responsible for providing maintenance of vendor information and scopes of work.
- Documentation of processes and steps within the Purchasing, Estimating and Design Departments.
- Equally distribute jobs to the Estimating/Purchasing Agents, so budgets are completed in a timely manner.
- Support process of meeting department goals/deadlines by tracking individual jobs, CCRFs, and budgets for each Estimating/Purchasing Agent and for the department, as a whole.
- Support the Rebate process; confirm which products were used in each home. Keep an updated document of the guidelines for each individual rebate program. Track which rebates were applied for and when the payment was received.
- Maintain purchasing documents, files and records for the purpose of ensuring the availability of documentation and compliance with established policies and guidelines.
- Proactive member of the TOH Team; provide insight to the management team in an effort to improve department performance and customer satisfaction.
- Assists with any other tasks assigned by the Purchasing Manager
- Once or twice a week; during admin’s lunch break, cover the front desk, answer phones and perform other clerical functions.
- Track the most recent Scope of Work and keep it up-to-date. Assist the updating process by compiling all of the notes from the Purchasing and Production Departments and creating a current scope.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Adaptable to changing work priorities while meeting deadlines
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to read and comprehend detailed construction blueprints, specifications, and basic development drawings.
- Basic technology skills; including Microsoft Office, Outlook (email), and experience with residential production back office systems.
- 0-2 years prior experience in new home construction.
- College Degree.
$16.00 / hour
About Tim O'Brien Homes Inc.
Tim O'Brien Homes is an award winning, semi-custom single family home builder in the Milwaukee and Madison Wisconsin areas and the leader in energy efficiency, innovative designs, green building practices, and renewable technologies. All homes are 3rd party tested and certified surpassing the State's energy-efficiency and green strict guidelines, and backed by a 5-Year Energy Guarantee. Join a team that lives by our seven Core Values which are the guiding principles that inspire our daily work and underscore our commitment to customers, vendor partners and each other.