Tim O'Brien Homes Inc.
Tim O’Brien Homes Madison Division is looking for a Purchasing Assistant and/or Estimator to support the Purchasing and Selections teams. This will include assisting with process and system creation, data tracking, and rebate submissions. This position will be a proactive member of the TOH Team, providing insight to the management team in an effort to improve departmental performance, customer satisfaction, and efficiencies.
- Documentation of processes and steps within the Purchasing, Estimating, and Design Departments.
- Assist the Selections Department in data entry, and pricing specific to design elements
- Support the Rebate process; confirm which products were used in each home. Keep an updated document of the guidelines for each individual rebate program. Track which rebates were applied for and when the payment was received
- Maintain purchasing/design documents, files, and records for the purpose of ensuring the availability of documentation and compliance with established policies and guidelines
- Utilize office software to develop job-specific budgets and purchase orders
- Review job documents such as colors, options, and plans for accuracy. Work with other team members to ensure discrepancies in those documents are correct
- Estimating services for residential products, including material take-offs and cost projections
- Assists with any other tasks assigned by the Purchasing Manager
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Adaptable to changing work priorities while meeting deadlines
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to read and/or willing to learn to comprehend detailed construction blueprints, specifications, and basic development drawings
- Basic technology skills; including Microsoft Office, Outlook (email), and experience with residential production back-office systems
- 0-5 years prior experience in new home construction
$40,000 - $50,000 yearly
About Tim O'Brien Homes Inc.
Tim O'Brien Homes is an award-winning, semi-custom single-family home builder in the Milwaukee and Madison, Wisconsin areas. They are leaders in energy efficiency, innovative designs, green building practices, and renewable technologies. All homes are 3rd party tested and certified surpassing the State's energy-efficiency and green strict guidelines, and backed by a 5-Year Energy Guarantee.
Join a team of people who live by seven Core Values which are the guiding principles of our daily work and underscore commitment to customers, vendor partners, and each other. Tim O'Brien Homes is also a partner of Neumann Companies and its affiliates.