Landmark Homes of TN Inc.
In this role as a Purchasing Agent working at Landmark Homes, you will be expected to own your cost-type responsibilities. You should be able to recognize the value of the materials being purchased and the strength of the trades in the market. Negotiate with a win-win mindset and be able to close deals quickly. You should be successful in communication with all internal departments, field supervisors, and trade partners. The Purchasing Agent should possess the skills to completely analyze a category and provide recommendations to the Director of Purchasing.
- Source and maintain a base of high-quality trades and vendors to support the Purchasing, Estimating, and Construction teams. Under the guidance of the Director of Purchasing regularly communicates and negotiates with trades and suppliers to ensure efficient costs; and evaluates trades and supplier’s performance to ensure compliance with specifications, scheduling, safety requirements, and invoicing.
- Administers the bid process for assigned cost types/trades; analyzes and negotiates trade contractor bids and agreements; and awards contracts to best value/price obtained from at least three competitive bids to ensure timely bid outs, adherence to all related bidding processes, and construction details are incorporated in the scope of work on all contracts.
- Prepares payment schedules for input into Mark Systems to ensure house budgets are accurately set up for PO/WO releases. Accurately runs reports within the system to check base standard house cost and elevation/option pricing to margin analysis.
- Research problem invoices and purchase orders/work orders to solve VPO discrepancies, budget issues, and margin erosion control. Communicate with vendors and trade partners for corrections or oversights of needs to corrections in the Pricing Schedule, Scopes of Work, or Specifications.
- Participates in architectural plan review meetings by inputting data by cost type responsibility and feedback by vendors. Obtains value cost savings per product line where applicable and offers building method alternatives when available. Must be willing and able to research, alternative methods and materials, vet out the alternatives, and write up the Pro/Con’s report of any alternative.
- Maintains all Bidding and Community Specification Worksheets. Works with Sales and Marketing when updates to Feature sheets need to be updated for a company cohesive data output. Handles the backlog report of changes to the specs and features.
- The Purchasing Agent is the acting Model Manager and must always know the model discrepancy report, model locations, model builds, and any model conversions.
- Vendor Contracts Tracking Report is maintained within Purchasing. You will be responsible for gathering, saving, and inputting all contract data into our server all vendor contract information. You are responsible for making sure all contact information is saved on appropriate approved forms and fully executed. Any annual forms that need to be updated are your responsibility.
- Obtain all information on new communities and track data for the company. This will include Builder Guidelines, DCCR information, City or County requirements. Permitting information or other data that could affect the house budgets.
- High School Diploma Required. Associates or B.S in Construction, Finance, Business, Accounting, or related field; or related field or experience.
- Must have at least three (3) years of experience in estimating, purchasing, construction, negotiating, and bidding residential, multifamily construction projects, or related experience.
Must have the following skills and/or abilities:
- Strong understanding and comprehension of blueprints, drawings, sketches, or other specifications
- Proficiency with reading blueprints including architectural, structural, mechanical, plumbing, electrical, and landscape
- Knowledge of the various phases of residential construction
- Strong knowledge of and adherence to company and OSHA safety guidelines apply to the work to include maintaining up-to-date safety knowledge
- Proficiency in construction-related software applications such as MS Project, BuildPro/SupplyPro, Mark Systems, Builder Trend, JD Edwards, Newstar or Brix
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Preferred skills in Microsoft Teams
- Strong organizational and Time Management skills
- Strong communication (both written and verbal) and presentation skills
About Landmark Homes of TN Inc.
Landmark Homes of TN is growing again!
We are a premier residential home builder in Middle Tennessee for over 30 years. Landmark prides itself on providing our customers with exceptional Customer Service and Personalization. We are a team-centered company that strives to find the perfect fit for those who choose to join our roster. Our mission and core values place our emphasis on our team-centric philosophy, and we strive to build on the personal and professional success of our staff.
Landmark Homes of TN is searching for the best people in the industry who want to join our Elite Team!