The Lead Estimator-Purchaser is to create standardized methods for locating and obtaining goods and services that a company needs while working in-office with our construction team estimating costs and materials for projects, and tracking inventory. They will be responsible for maintaining and/or improving vendor relations. They are also responsible for ensuring the items or services obtained for the company are high quality and fall within their budget requirements. They develop company policies related to purchasing to provide guidelines for purchasing staff to follow. Lead estimator/purchaser will be responsible for take-offs, estimating, and budgets from preconstruction through completion of each project. Additional duties will include purchasing and tracking materials for each project to ensure timely delivery and deadlines are met.
The first part of the process with us is to complete the following short assessments. Upon completion of the first assessment, a second one will be sent to the email address that is registered to the first assessment. They are both very quick and will put you ahead of the other applicants if you complete this upfront: https://assessment.predictiveindex.com/bo/PP1/Construction
- Effectively communicate with operations and vendors to ensure sensitive timelines of action items are completed.
- Partner with necessary teams to understand the critical actions necessary for successful implementation of new vendors, setup, products, and ensure those needs will be met ahead of start date.
- Negotiate pricing and business terms with vendors
- Develop a centralized Estimating System that focuses on identifying savings through increased visibility, maximizing buying power, improving vendor management, and enhancing our contact management process. Ultimately reducing risk to the organization.
- Manages all engagements and relationships with major suppliers that support the Operations teams.
- Manage the completion of tasks between working with the Project Managers and construction team. Documents processes related to the effort and provide training on processes to other team members as required.
- Responsible for streamlining processes, improving communications, and removing roadblocks to ensure the Operations team has an exceptional transition plan. Quickly and proactively, resolve and/or escalate scheduling issues related to the transition plan/deliverables from vendors.
- Seek, support, and implement internal and external process improvement opportunities. Manages and maintains up-to-date implementation documentation in the internal system.
- Responsible for planning, preparing, and executing all transition activities and associated deliverables.
- Manage quality control, product rejections, and resolve vendor disputes
- 3+ years of Estimating/Purchasing experience is preferred
- 3+ years of experience in construction industry
- Skilled in problem-solving and critical thinking
- Highly Attentive to Detail and Tracking
- Ability to multi-task and stay highly organized in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to speak the language of contractors, suppliers, and other procurement channels is preferred, however, this can be trained for the right individual.
$60,000 - $70,000 yearly
About Cava Companies
Cava Companies is a local leader in the residential real estate industry and residential rental management business. We are a medium-sized business consisting of top-producing friendly and positive people. Our senior management and staff have extensive experience in real estate development, finance, economic development, project management, leasing, and property management. We have in-depth knowledge of the Richmond market, contacts, and the growth trend of this great city.
The first part of the process with us is to complete the following quiz. It is very quick and will put you ahead of the other applicants if you complete this upfront: