KW (APM) (Property and Project Management)
Reporting to the Director of Operations, this position's primary responsibility is ensuring organizational effectiveness by providing leadership for the organization's operational functions and office staff and sales representative. Working with the management team, the position also contributes to the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies and practices.
Works full-time and are sometimes called upon to work later and/or on weekends to accommodate the needs of the Group.
- Manage all systems for sellers, buyers, lead generation, database management, information management, marketing, schedule and back-office support
- Responsible for all financial systems, including maintaining the books, paying the bills, handling payroll, ensuring the collection of commissions, maintaining the budget and generating financial reports
- Assist in RECO compliance issues
- Use Webforms to create/use Deal Packages and retrieve documents
- Use Nexone/Faltour to process all deals
- Ordering photos/virtual tours
- Prepare and bind CMA’s as needed
- Prepare documentation for market review for Agents
- Set reminders on tasks and duties in Google Calendar
- Monthly schedule for facility Manager and Cleaner
- Act as back-up for the other position when required.
- Oversight of all listings written by the Group – from pre-list to sale – upload to MLS
- Oversight of all buyers signed by the Group – from contract to sale – Register to MLS
- Type offers, waivers and amendments as needed
- Open new Listing and Buyer files following the checklists
- Maintain an impeccable filing system for all office listings, buyers signed, monitoring expired BRAs, sold, cancelled transactions, expiration of BRA + Listing contract reminders on Top Producer, etc.
- Sort paperwork (waivers, amendments, new deals, etc.) and process most urgent first (typically processed in closing date order)
- Prepare cancel/relist package for Agents
- Acting as a first point of contact: dealing with correspondence, emails and phone calls
- Managing diaries and organizing meetings and appointments, often controlling access to the CEO
- Booking and arranging travel, transport and accommodation
- Organizing events and conferences
- Reminding the CEO of important tasks and deadlines
- Typing compiling and preparing reports, presentations and correspondence
- Managing databases and filing systems
- Implementing and maintaining procedures/administrative systems
- Liaising with staff, suppliers and clients
- Collating and filing expenses
- Price jobs acquire quotations and define the scope of the work.
- Create a detailed work plan which identifies the activities needed to successfully complete the project.
- Determine the resources required to complete the project.
- Develop a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities.
- Review project schedule.
- Control the project and ensure it is delivered on time with quality and within budget.
- Contract qualified consultants to work on the project as appropriate to implement the project.
- Screen tenants.
- Set the initial rent level, collect rent from tenants and adjust the rent (permanent and short-term tenants).
- Involved in all capacities of tenant management, from finding the tenants and dealing with complaints to initiating evictions.
- Overseeing the physical management of the property, including regular maintenance and repairs.
- Managing the budget for the residential building and maintaining all pertinent records.
- Revise as needed to ensure personnel files are properly maintained and kept confidential.
- Handle security deposits.
- Terminate leases.
- Evict tenants.
- Comply with property safety standards.
Regular contact with:
- Office staff
- General public
- Discretion and trustworthiness/confidentiality: you will often be party of confidential information
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and project management abilities
- Solid leadership capabilities
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Bookkeeping skills
- A sense of urgency
- The ability to be proactive and take the initiative
- Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload
- Tact and diplomacy
- Client-centric attitude
- 3 – 5 years experience in similar roles
- Computer Skills
Miscellaneous tasks to support their manager, which will vary according to the sector and to the manager’s remit, completing some corporate governance reporting (to ensure that the business is being run properly and complying with legislation and regulations) or conducting research. A knowledge of standard software packages and the ability to learn company-specific software if required. Proficient at high level on Toronto MLS, Webforms, Brokerbay, MLS.ca, Quickbooks, Microsoft Word, Top Producer, Excel, Outlook, general website servicing and general anti-virus servicing.
About KW Toronto
In 2005 I reached the goal of becoming a Sales Representative, gaining my license in that year, but I couldn’t stop there! My love for this business, for people, and the desire to help everyone find their spot in a community that they can call home, was the fire that just kept burning. By 2007 I became a licensed Broker, and moving to more recent times, I am the Proud Owner of a KW office and a phenomenal Team.
As it is for all business owners, I am constantly trying to make the current year the “best year yet!” and that has not changed. Our mission is to deliver excellent customer service and 100% satisfaction to each and every one of our clients in their Real Estate endeavors.
My vision is to continually grow as a company, team, and community and also personally so that we can unite the businesses of Toronto – making a difference and having a lasting and positive impact on everyone we come in contact with.