The Menkiti Group
We're looking for a motivated and experienced Property Manager to join our growing team at The Menkiti Group.
- Manage all aspects of the assigned properties – be the expert.
- Regular interaction with tenants, maintain a relationship with them to assist in tenant retention and interpreting their concerns before they become issues.
- Assist in the preparation of tenant recovery estimates and reconciliations. Work with tenants on questions they may have.
- Complete annual budgets for each assigned property and reforecast when necessary.
- Regular review of operating expenses to ensure the property is operating as budgeted.
- Review of utility accounts and preparing monthly bill-backs as required.
- Continuous monitoring of rent collections and outstanding balances. Coordinate default proceedings and evictions as needed.
- Vendor management to include service provided, insurance requirements met, and relationship building. Work with Property Team when bidding out contracts to obtain the best price possible.
- Regular review of invoices for accuracy and coding them properly for payment.
- Maintain security and fire/life safety systems as required.
- Tenant construction oversight.
- Conduct regular and thorough property inspections to prevent and identify issues.
- Arrange maintenance to meet property needs and prevent risk management concerns.
- Conduct move-in and move-out inspections.
- Accomplish financial goals and report periodically as required on financial performance.
- Source and build relationships with prospective clients to expand business opportunities
- Work with Marketing and Leasing to maintain occupancy goals. This includes preparing spaces to show well when leasing has a prospective tenant.
- Continually monitor local codes, DCRA requirements, and Housing Authority rules to ensure proper procedures are being used.
- Communicate issues or budget variances with the Director of Asset Management.
- Ability to interact and direct third-party Property Management companies.
- Proven work experience of a minimum of 2 years as a Property Manager.
- Experience in both residential and commercial property management.
- Fully understanding property management and its financial aspects.
- In-depth knowledge of all rules and regulations surrounding property management.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with Leases and Lease Administration.
- Competency in MS Office and relevant databases and software.
- MRI or other PM systems experience a plus.
- Customer focus and bottom-line orientation.
- Team-work mentality.
- Strong Customer Service skills and the ability to mediate tenant issues.
- Well organized with excellent time management skills.
- Valid DC Property Management license preferred.
- BS degree in the related field.
$60,000 - $70,000 yearly
About The Menkiti Group
The Menkiti Group is a rapidly growing integrated real estate services firm dedicated to enhancing the fabric of life in America’s urban neighborhoods through the strategic development, management, and sale of residential and commercial property. Founded in the District of Columbia in 2004 with a mission to transform lives and communities through real estate, The Menkiti Group has invested over $225MM in DC’s emerging neighborhoods, worked on the development of over 2.1MM SF of real estate, and assisted over 2,000 families in purchasing their first homes over the past 16 years. The Menkiti Group also operates Keller Williams Capital Properties, a regional brokerage with more than $2.6 billion in 2020 sales.