Our Company Provides:
- A place to come perform and excel at work without layers of corporate bureaucracy slowing you down. What this means is the autonomy to do your work without distractions from layers of management.
- A smaller team where your contribution is truly appreciated by all involved.
- A friendly and positive team environment, free of drama and negativity.
- A stable and reliable business that will be around for a long time with numerous growth opportunities. We hire self-starters that are looking to grow and aggressively promote from within.
The Property Manager works with the general administration of the properties and performs related management functions with the daily operations across our rental properties. Cross-trained on Property Manager functions and works with the other Property Managers within the company. Assists with the responsibility of maintaining the physical asset and the performance of the property, to achieve the highest possible net operating income. Monitors regulatory compliance and company policies and procedures related to property management.
- Communicate with tenants to address, resolve, interpret, judge, or enforce the lease and any concerns, requests, or problems. Respond to and resolve tenant concerns/requests in an expedient manner, including building a system for the action for after-hour emergencies.
- Communicate and coordinate the timing of renovation completion with the move-in of tenants. Coordinate or perform the final inspection and photo documentation of construction/repair work, and ensure completed work meets tenant/company requirements.
- Review all policies and covenants relating to tenant leases to ensure proper enforcement. Communicate and discuss leases with tenants. Review all emergency management policies for property management including plumbing, electrical, telephone, fire, law enforcement, and lighting.
- Review all relevant vendor contracts and prepare a tickler file for future evaluation to determine which contract should be renegotiated and/or re-bid for prudent fiscal management.
- Provide direction to maintenance staff in performing related functions, daily tasks, responsibilities, upcoming events, and promotions. Supervise, train, and monitor the work of maintenance staff.
- Correspond with local municipal authorities regarding notices and enforcement of local ordinances and codes.
- Properly complete paperwork associated with each property in a timely manner. Coordinate all purchases, monitor and approve all incoming invoices. Properly Issue purchase orders and approve invoices and provide support documentation to expedite the voucher process.
- Perform quarterly inspections of properties, dependent upon landlord obligations.
- Perform pre/post vacancy tenant inspections.
- Prepare and monitor aspects of costs and budgets as related to properties.
- Serve as a liaison between Cava Companies and the public and tenants. Assist leasing agents in the identification of prospective tenants through the showing of space as called upon.
- The above is intended to describe the general contents of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements and is certainly allowed to vary and change as business requires.
- 5 years of Property Management experience
- Working knowledge of Property Management Software, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Must be able to prioritize multiple tasks and effectively execute each
- Must be punctual and an effective communicator
- Self-motivated, personable, and team player with experience in a fast-paced environment
- Able to be flexible, some travel required and work extended hours when needed
$50,000 - $60,000 yearly
About Cava Companies
Cava Companies is a local leader in the residential real estate industry and residential rental management business. We are a mid-sized business consisting of top-producing friendly and positive people. Our senior management and staff have extensive experience in real estate development, finance, economic development, project management, leasing, and property management. We have in-depth knowledge of the Virginia market, contacts, and the growth trend of this great state.