Property claims adjuster position that works out of adjuster's home and is provided with a company vehicle, phone and computer. Territory is Dane County, WI/Madison/South Central Wisconsin
- Verify coverage.
- Investigate claims.
- Evaluate damages.
- Establish claim reserve.
- Settle claims through negotiations.
- Manage recovery process on assigned claims.
- Provide prompt claims service to claimants.
- Provide support to CAT teams when necessary.
- Manage assigned litigation files.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous property claims adjusting experience preferred.
- Background in building construction, agriculture, or mitigation/restoration contracting helpful.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, risk management and insurance or related discipline or equivalent work experience required.
- Experience in building construction, property loss adjusting or the ability to write building estimates.
- Experience in evaluating total loss structural damage to buildings.
- Cause and origin experience desirable.
- Experience handling recovery including subrogation, contribution and salvage preferred.
- Multi-line claims adjusting experience desirable.
- HAAG Certification desirable.
- Mediation and arbitration experience preferred.
- Demonstrated analytical skills.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Personal computer skills.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the job such as climbing ladders, walking roofs, working inside collapsed/burnt structures, walking uneven terrain, etc.
BENEFITS: complete benefit package including health, dental, life and LTD insurance, time-off benefits and a matching 401(k) plan
$65,000 - $95,000 / year
About Rural Mutual
Rural Mutual has been recognized by the Ward Group as one of the top 50 property and casualty insurance companies in the country for 10 consecutive years and is rated “A+” by AM Best.
Rural Mutual places significant value in providing our policyholders best in class services, and provides a competitive compensation package for our employees.