Rural Mutual Insurance
Property Claims Adjuster - Western WI - LaCrosse
Property claims adjuster position that works out of adjuster's home and is provided with a company vehicle, phone, and computer. The territory is West Central Wisconsin including LaCrosse.
Complete benefit package including health, dental, life, and LTD insurance, time-off benefits, and a matching 401(k) plan.
- Verify coverage
- Investigate claims
- Evaluate damages
- Establish claim reserve
- Settle claims through negotiations
- Manage recovery process on assigned claims
- Provide prompt claims service to claimants
- Provide support to CAT teams when necessary
- Manage assigned litigation files
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous property claims adjusting experience preferred
- Background in building construction, agriculture, or mitigation/restoration contracting helpful
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, risk management, and insurance, related discipline, or equivalent work experience required
- Experience in building construction, property loss adjusting, or the ability to write building estimates
- Experience in evaluating total loss structural damage to buildings
- Cause and origin experience desirable
- Experience handling recovery including subrogation, contribution, and salvage preferred
- Multi-line claims to adjust experience desirable
- HAAG Certification is desirable
- Mediation and arbitration experience preferred
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- Personal computer skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the job such as climbing ladders, walking roofs, working inside collapsed/burnt structures, walking uneven terrain, etc
$60,000 - $75,000 DOE
About Rural Mutual Insurance
Our reputation as one of the top 50 property and casualty companies in the country was built delivering on that promise exclusively for Wisconsin farms, businesses, and families. We provide Auto, Home, Life, Farm, and Commercial insurance throughout the state of Wisconsin. We have a network of more than 150 Agents in 100+ locations across the state. Our agents live and work in your communities. Because we only do business in Wisconsin, we make sure that premiums paid here, stay here to keep Wisconsin strong. We are rated A+ by AM Best and have been named a Ward's Top 50 Company for the past 14 years. We have also been named "Best Places to Work" by Madison Magazine.
We believe in a healthy work/life balance and to that end offer a competitive and comprehensive compensation package including health, dental, life, LTD and vision insurance as well as an employee bonus plan, matching 401(k) plan and generous time off benefits.