Property Claims Adjuster - NW Wisconsin / Eau Claire
Property claims adjuster position that works out of adjuster's home and is provided with a company vehicle, phone and computer.
- Verify coverage on newly assigned claims.
- Establish and monitor reserves throughout life of the claim.
- Investigate claims.
- Evaluate damage.
- Ensure that proper documentation exists for recovery process (subr, salvage, etc).
- Settle claims through negotiation.
- Provide prompt claims service to claimants.
- Provide support to CAT teams (when necessary).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Three to five years of multi-line property and casualty claims experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, risk management and insurance or related discipline or equivalent work experience required.
- Property claims experience a plus.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to operate a personal computer.
- Knowledge of auto physical damage, medical terminology and the ability to evaluate injuries helpful.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the job such as climbing ladders, walking roofs, working inside collapsed/burnt structures, walking uneven terrain, etc.
Complete benefit package including health, dental, life & LTD insurance, 401(k) plan and a bonus plan.
$55,000 - $65,000 / yr based on experience.
About Rural Mutual
Rural Mutual has been recognized by the Ward Group as one of the top 50 property and casualty insurance companies in the country for the ninth consecutive year and is rated “A” with a positive outlook by AM Best.
We have also been named one of Madison Magazine’s “Best Places To Work” for 3 consecutive years.
Rural Mutual places significant value in providing our policyholders best in class services, and provides a competitive compensation package for our employees.