Harmon Dennis Bradshaw, Inc.
Are you up for an exciting, rewarding, and challenging career opportunity? Then we want you to join our team as a property and casualty insurance agent! We are looking for a multifaceted professional who is comfortable in a fast-paced environment. As an insurance agent, you must be an attentive listener with strong communication skills who can identify and explain ideal insurance policies to existing and prospective clients. Apply today if you are an ambitious professional eager to launch a career with great growth opportunities!
- Remain educated on property and casualty insurance policies, insurance agent regulations, insurance claims, and other industry rules to successfully match prospective, existing, and new clients with the best insurance plans
- Have productive meetings with new, existing, and prospective clients to listen attentively to their needs and understand their financial circumstances before recommending ideal insurance policies
- Track and share progress toward monthly quotas by consistently updating bookkeeping systems, sales databases, and customer records
- Bring in new clients by effectively executing sales-based marketing strategies like prospecting, cold calling, and networking
- Assist existing, new, and prospective policyholders in completing the necessary insurance forms and documents to ensure all policy requirements are met and facilitate various aspects of the insurance claims process, including the examination of physical properties
- Conduct periodic meetings with Account Managers to provide updates and ensure policies and procedures are understood.
- Calculate premiums and establish payment methods. Arrange payment terms for all accounts in accordance with agency credit and collections policies. Responsible for collection of all outstanding premiums.
- Proficiency using sales and accounting software is beneficial
- Candidates must have and maintain a relevant P&C insurance license - or must be willing to get licensed
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; high school diploma/GED or equivalent required
- Stellar interpersonal communication skills, analytical skills, and customer service skills are needed
- Strong computer skills and experience using Microsoft Office suite required
- CPCU, CIC and ARM designations (highly desirable)
- Minimum 3 years sales experience with proven sales success demonstrated (highly desirable)
- Ability to lead and influence others
$100,000 + at plan commission
About Harmon Dennis Bradshaw, Inc.
For more than 40 years, Harmon Dennis Bradshaw has brought our clients a commitment to excellence, innovation, and service in the complex world of commercial & personal insurance products, surety bonds, and risk management. Our clients have come to rely upon our knowledge, commitment, accountability, and service. From national and regional companies to local family-held businesses, HDB has been providing specially tailored, cost-effective insurance solutions for our clients’ unique business needs for decades. We pride ourselves in designing and implementing custom solutions to meet your company’s precise dynamics and preferences. Our forward-thinking solutions reduce risk exposures and cost while enhancing your ability to compete and win. Recognized as one of the largest independent insurance agencies in Alabama, HDB has large agency capabilities while maintaining small agency service and values.