We are seeking a driven property and casualty insurance agent to join our thriving team! The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic self-starter who embraces a fast-paced business environment. You’ll be responsible for prospecting and securing new clients. We’ll provide the necessary industry training to advance your career as long as you are motivated to succeed. If you’re an energetic, people-oriented professional committed to delivering a remarkable customer service experience, apply today!
This is a hybrid position. After training is completed, employees are able to work both on-site at our Southfield office and remotely.
- Assist existing, new, and prospective policyholders in completing the necessary insurance forms and documents to ensure all policy requirements are met and facilitate various aspects of the insurance claims process, including the examination of physical properties
- Employ successful sales-based marketing strategies such as prospecting, cold calling, networking, and more to identify and secure potential clients
- Remain educated on property and casualty insurance policies, insurance agent regulations, insurance claims, and other industry rules to successfully match prospective, existing, and new clients with the best insurance plans
- Have productive meetings with new, existing, and prospective clients to listen attentively to their needs and understand their financial circumstances before recommending ideal insurance policies
- Superior customer service, communication, and analytical skills are necessary
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; high school diploma/GED or equivalent required
- Candidates must have and maintain a relevant P&C insurance license - or must be willing to get licensed
- Familiarity with accounting and sales-related software or programs is a plus
- Fundamental computer and Microsoft Office program skills are essential
$45,000 - $100,000
About KIG Insurance
KIG Insurance was founded in 1913 to serve the community by offering commercial, personal, life, health, and disability insurance products. KIG has continued to grow throughout the years and has built a strong customer base and a respected reputation in the community. Today, the agency is under the leadership of the next generation of partners, who have taken insurance and customer service to the next level in response to social and technological changes. As they have in the past, KIG will continue to meet the insurance needs of the community with a commitment, dedication, and responsibility to those they serve.