SouthGroup Insurance Services
We are seeking a driven property and casualty insurance agent to join our thriving team! The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic self-starter who embraces a fast-paced business environment. You’ll be responsible for overseeing an existing portfolio of clients and work to prospect and secure new ones. We’ll provide the necessary industry training to advance your career as long as you are motivated to succeed. If you’re an energetic, people-oriented professional committed to delivering a remarkable customer service experience, apply today!
- Commit to a continued education in property and casualty insurance protocols and coverage requirements to ensure the ideal types of insurance policies are offered to existing clients, potential clients, and new customers
- Meet with new, existing, and prospective policyholders and actively listen to their needs to properly assess their circumstances and financial statuses before proposing ideal plan options
- Track and share progress toward monthly quotas by consistently updating bookkeeping systems, sales databases, and customer records
- Execute effective sales-based marketing strategies like prospecting, cold calling, networking, and more to gain new clients
- Ensure that existing, new, and prospective clients complete all appropriate forms and meet insurance policy requirements, and facilitate the insurance claims process, which may include examining the condition of physical properties to assess risks
- Candidates must have core computer skills and a demonstrated capability using Microsoft Office programs
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent is a must; bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Candidates must have and maintain a relevant P&C insurance license - or must be willing to get licensed
- Proficiency using sales and accounting software is beneficial
- Stellar interpersonal communication skills, analytical skills, and customer service skills are needed
- Life and Health license is a plus
$50,000+ at plan commission
About SouthGroup Insurance Services
SouthGroup has received many tributes including recognition as one of the Top 100 Privately-Held Insurance Agencies in America by Insurance Journal, a national insurance publication, and one of the Mississippi Business Journal's, Top 100 Private Companies. SouthGroup is also recognized as a Best Practices agency by the Independent Insurance Agents and Brokers of America. Rough Notes, another leading national insurance publication, honored SouthGroup on its cover in 2010.