Build with Style, Inc
BWS is looking for a dynamic and multi-faceted individual who has a strong background in being a Project Superintendent. As an Owner/Builder, we are looking for someone who is looking to expand their experience to encompass elements of the real estate development process. The right candidate will need to possess highly developed communication skills, as well as an entrepreneurial spirit that contributes to their ability to problem solve and be highly resourceful. We are looking for someone who is hungry, humble and enjoys constant and continuous learning. We seek a new teammate who is looking to grow and expand themselves as much as we are.
- Candidate shall possess experience in all construction divisions including: civil/site-work, foundation and structural systems, interior finishes, building envelope systems and MEPF systems.
- Have working knowledge of the construction process and project sequencing.
- Possess strong experience in controlling subcontractor work including but not limited to: scheduling, contract administration, equipment, and manpower.
- Assist in value engineering, leveraging entire project team and subcontractors.
- Assist with developing specifications with Project Manager, design team and partners.
- Assist with project estimate assembly by reviewing subcontractor bids with PM.
- Provide input on budget and schedule.
- Work with PM closely at job start up; assist in acquiring all necessary permits with authorities having jurisdiction.
- Create and maintain monthly reports for partners and PM review on safety, quality and schedule.
- Assist with creating, maintaining and tracking project schedule with PM.
- Review all RFI and submittals for conformance with the contract documents.
- Lead all field coordination amongst subcontractors; write RFIs for PM and design team review.
- Oversee project cleanliness and hold the subcontractors responsible for daily clean-up.
- Assist PM in reviewing subcontractor invoices/pay applications.
- Create a highly functioning team with PM.
- Collaborate with PM to oversee project schedule and budget.
- Have a team-oriented approach to working with all project stakeholders, specifically project subcontractors.
- Conduct detailed/documented inspections of each trade throughout project life cycle.
- Candidate shall be ultimately responsible to oversee, enforce and maintain project safety via leading by example specific to all safety matters.
- Candidate shall take total ownership of project safety enrolling all site personal and visitors into project safety plan.
- Manage and oversee TESC/SWPPP.
REQUIRED SKILLS/ QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum 5+ years of Superintendent experience is required
- Valid driver’s license
- Up-to-date CPR/First Aid training
- OSHA 10 required, OSHA 30 preferred
- Capabilities to review, analyze and retain contents of contract documents
- Must have proven track record of quality control measures
- Ability to build and maintain outstanding subcontractor relationships
- Townhouse and small-scale multi-family/mixed use experience is a plus
- Commercial background preferred, but not required
- Systematic and process driven approach to all job functions is required
- Design-Build experience is a plus
- Subcontractor network in Puget Sound area for small to medium sized multi-family projects is a plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills are critical
- Emotional intelligence is required
- Experience in working with the following software: MS Project, MS Office (Word, Excel).
- Experience with Procore is a highly desirable plus
- Frequent standing, walking and sitting
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 20 pounds
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds
About Build with Style, Inc
Build With Style (BWS) is a vertically integrated real estate development firm focused on maximizing value by self-performing general contracting operations. We develop and build small to mid-sized urban-infill projects in the greater Seattle area.