Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance of Idaho
Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Company of Idaho is seeking an individual with a desire to learn, grow, and provide leadership to make a difference in the Idaho Insurance Industry. The Project Owner defines the user stories and priorities for the software development agile team using Farm Bureau’s Agile and Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) implementation while collaborating with the Project Owner and Development Team and other teams for our enterprise systems, e.g. Billing Policy, and Claims. The Project Owner owns the team backlog and ensures the user stories meet the end users’ needs.
- Participate in team iteration planning, daily stand-up, backlog refinement, iteration review, and the iteration retrospective
- Refine and prioritize team backlog by having backlog refinement meeting at least once every iteration
- Coordinate dependencies with other Project Owners and Project Management
- Accept work artifacts (stories or defects) according to the definition of done, and accept the final iteration plan
- Miscellaneous tasks as directed
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or Information Systems preferred.
- Experience: 1 to 2 years’ experience in product/project development, familiarity with Agile, Scrum, and/or SAFe, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), and knowledge of Insurance Industry preferred.
- Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Other: Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
About Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance of Idaho
Our employees are rewarded with a competitive salary, a benefit program that recognizes the diverse needs of our employees, and the security of a well-established company. Some of our employee benefits include:
- Long Term Disability
- Sick Leave
- Parental Leave
- Purchased Vacation
- Flexible Schedules
- Industry Specific (insurance)
- Attendance Bonus Incentive
- Employee Profit-Sharing Plan
- Section 125 Cafeteria Plan (Tax-Free Spending Account)
- Loans/Savings and Investments available through Farm Bureau Finance Company
- Cancer, Accident, and Short-Term Disability insurance plans are also available