Do you enjoy running a business and being a leader? Are you a people person and great with the operations of a business? We are looking for an Operations Manager to handle the day-to-day operations of our real estate investment business. Our business is made up of 3 divisions. One division acquires properties that need work and renovates them into homes for new homeowners. The second division acquires and renovates properties to add to our rental portfolio. And lastly, we sell below-market investment properties to investors looking for a renovation project or rental property.
This position requires confidence, independent action, initiative, a sense of urgency, and the ability to make decisions and take responsibility for them. A well-suited candidate can react and adjust quickly to changing conditions and come up with practical ideas for dealing with them. This person will be purposeful, directed at getting things done quickly. There is a lot of challenges and pressure; people and problems must be handled with confidence and determination. The position requires a self-disciplined person who can handle details as an intermittent aspect of the job, but not the primary responsibility. This job requires self-assurance and competitive drive. There is a strong demand for high quality, organized, and repeatable results. The responsibilities are broad in scope, encompassing a wide variety of activities requiring rapid shifts in priorities. This is primarily a task-focused job, requiring a somewhat authoritative, directive leadership style that encourages results-driven, task-oriented collaboration.
If you’re up for the challenge, please apply today.
- Manages all operations related activities for real estate investment activities, including project management of construction projects.
- Manages and executes the business plan, achieving or exceeding planned PL objectives.
- Manages and improves operational efficiency, with a keen focus on the turnaround time of cash, properties, and projects.
- Establishes improves and implements operational systems, processes, and policies of the business, such as; management reporting, analysis, information flow and management, business processes, quality control, organizational planning, departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures.
- Schedules activities, tasks, and action items, as well as the work of others to successfully complete assigned projects, on time and within budget. Assign roles and communicates with the team effectively.
- Maintain success by monitoring details, seeing that all deadlines are met, preparing, and delivering projects in a timely manner.
- Assist with preparing budgets for personnel, materials, and supplies for departments, and reporting on budgets. Monitor and control resources and oversee the spending of money.
- Actively contribute as a member of the management team, participate in management meetings, provide insight, collaborate on problem-solving, and provide fresh ideas for growth, efficiency, and areas of improvement.
- Direct and manage the activities of the operations team and work closely with Departmental Managers on high-cost issues, property issues, and service-related issues.
- Analyze and review data to identify trends and performance improvement opportunities
- The Operations Manager is deeply committed to supporting the company in achieving greater and greater levels of success, and to growing his/her own skills in being a supportive leader.
- Leads manage and hold the leadership team accountable for achieving agreed-upon commitments
- Integrates all major operating functions of the business. Ensures everyone is rowing together in the same direction. Models the way, always working toward the greater good of the business
- Resolves issues effectively—seeing real problems, being comfortable with conflict, calling out the problems, and solving the problems in a practical and healthy manner. Ensures the leadership team is healthy, functional, and cohesive
- Ensures that everyone is truly following, and adhering to, the company’s core processes and operating system with consistency. Demonstrates effective project management skills
- Dependably demonstrates a relentless obsession with values alignment, focus, simplicity, and clarity.
- Effectively collaborates with the President of the company and stays on the same page. Maintains a high level of mutual respect with the President. Realizes the unique contributions and ideas that the President has, and possesses an ability to filter and translate those ideas into functional plans for the company
- faster-than-average pace; ability to learn quickly, thoroughly, and in detail. Must recognize and adjust to change. There is considerable variation in the work
- Strategic, big-picture thinking backed by an added focus on the tactical aspects of the work Setting and achieving specific standards for self and for others; an emphasis on schedule and quality Primarily task-focused, with some action-oriented collaboration required occasionally
- Seeks and accepts decision authority and responsibility. Will effectively weigh risk against the benefit; while not cautious, a calculated decision-maker An independent decision-maker will occasionally utilize team consensus or collaboration
- Requires a lively and incisive communicator, more authoritative than persuasive in style A stimulating influence on others, while being firm, direct, and self-assured in dealing with them Some collaboration within own team but a more independent style in general
- Delegate routine detail work; will follow up closely and critically for standards and schedule
- Capable of delegating some authority, with close follow-up and control
- Maintains control of overall agenda, includes others in a task-focused manner
- Creates a disciplined process
$40,000 - 70,000+ DOE yearly
About PropertyWise, LLC
HomeVestors - PropertyWise, LLC is a full-service real estate investment firm and a HomeVestors "We Buy Ugly Houses" franchise company located in Lake Charles, LA and surrounding markets providing real estate services by purchasing homes in need of repair and other situations where owners need to sell more quickly than normal. After the purchase, we renovate, sell, or lease the property.
HomeVestors of America, Inc.® is the largest professional house buying franchise in the U.S., with more than 100,000 houses bought since 1996, and over 1000 franchisees. For the 12th consecutive year, HomeVestors was among the prestigious Franchise Business Review's "Top Franchises,” and ranked on the annual Dallas 100 for the sixth time. HomeVestors was also recognized as the 20th fastest growing franchise by Entrepreneur Magazine, number 37 on the Franchise 500 by Entrepreneur Magazine, and number 200 on the Franchise Times Top 200.