The Project Manager’s responsibilities generally span across three categories: resource management, team coordination and liaison activities. The Project Manager builds strong relationships and is the link between owners, subcontractors and architects and engineers.
- Plan, organize, schedule and efficiently manage labor, materials, equipment and subcontractors in accordance with contract time and the established budget.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with vendors, subcontractors and owners throughout project.
- Lead analysis and buyout of subcontracts, labor, material and equipment.
- Monitor project closely to proactively address out-of-scope work requests, unforeseen conditions and time impacts and promptly resolve with Owner.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or 5+ years of Project Management experience.
- 3+ years of experience in Federal and or OSHPD construction projects.
- Advanced knowledge of construction principles/practices required.
- Experience leading successful project team, including development of employees and maintaining relationships with external entities.
- A track record of sound judgment and success in completing projects on time and on budget.
- Ability to clearly and succinctly communicate verbally and in writing.
- Pushed by a sense of urgency, methodical and well-organized.
- Medical facility work a plus.
About Herman Construction
Herman Construction Group, Inc. is a service-disabled veteran-owned small business headquartered in Escondido. Herman Construction provides full-service general construction services to public and private clients, with a focus on federal and military projects.