The Superintendent/Project Manager will be responsible for: managing all day-to-day construction operations within budget and on time; ensuring adherence to quality standards and workplace safety; effectively communicating with, supervising and building strong relationships with all sub-contractors; and overseeing the on-site development work such as, utility installation, development of common areas, and road construction.
- Manage the daily production schedule, scheduling all sub-contractors and other vendors and ensuring all work is completed on time and to Company’s quality standards.
- Schedule all inspections required throughout the vertical construction process, and ensure any inspection follow-up areas are completed in a timely manner and to all parties’ satisfaction
- Perform all field measurement work to ensure building standards are met, and sub-contractor work, material supply, and invoices are accurate.
- Ensure safety requirements and standards are adhered to at all times.
- Conduct daily walk-throughs of each home to ensure production schedule is on time and quality standards are being met.
- Manage quality inspection program to ensure a zero-defect home is delivered.
- Review all supplier invoices and participate in monthly processing of all payments.
- Lead homebuyer meetings and walk-throughs providing exceptional customer service at all times.
- Utilize software daily to enter all construction activities, and manage the overall construction process.
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with all sub-contractors, including setting clear expectations upfront, frequent and open communication, and co-inspection of services performed.
- Conducts weekly meetings and works closely with the Sales Consultant to understand the home specifications, and to ensure home is being built to the sales contract.
- Manage the appearance and maintenance needs of all models, sales offices, and clubhouses (if applicable), ensuring exceptional customer and resident experiences.
- Keep Senior Management and Purchasing Department informed of the on-time delivery and quality of homes, sub-contractor performance, material quality or delivery problems, and other issues with regard to the home and/or site. Maintain accurate log of these activities.
- Look for and communicate opportunities for improvement in any on-site activity.
- Coordinate and assist Corporate Site Development Manager through the completion of all development work within the site.
- Follows Company and OSHA safety policies and practices.
Education & Experience:
- High school degree or GED; bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or equivalent preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in residential construction
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be willing to use own vehicle for business purposes
- Ability to successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent team, communication, and relationship-building skills
- Ability to manage multiple demands, priorities and projects at one time
- Attention to detail and strong project management skills
- Works well under pressure and adheres to timelines without sacrificing safety or quality
- Ability to delegate and follow up on tasks with sub-contractors and other vendors working on-site
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel; able to key information timely and accurately
- Exceptional customer service skills
$81,500 - $89,500 yearly
About NewStyle Communities
At NewStyle Communities, our vision is to provide our active adult residents with a quality, maintenance-free lifestyle in a superb and convenient location. With our ever-growing portfolio of retirement communities in North and South Carolina, our current and future locations are sure to make a positive and vibrant impact on satisfying the demand for The New Home Lifestyle.
NewStyle Communities offers a competitive compensation package that includes health, dental, vision and life insurance as well as company match 401(k). This position will also receive a vehicle allowance, company paid phone and ipad.