Job Overview: Move Manager (Helping Seniors)
Looking for purposeful work?
We are looking for a Senior Move Manager to help our clients with their downsizing moves.
The Senior Move Manager helps seniors organize and plan their move to a new residence, often an apartment in a senior living community.
The Senior Move Manager helps guide the client in choosing what they will take with them to their new home, what will be sold, donated, gifted to friends and relatives, or disposed of. The senior move manager is responsible for coordinating team members, movers, estate liquidation services, and all other resources, before, during, and after the move, and overseeing the move and resettlement.
In addition, the Senior Move Manager will be responsible for the management and training of assistant move management team members. The Senior Move Manager will also interact with local senior living communities to build and maintain relationships.
The Senior Move Manager position is considered casual part-time employment. Generally, work can be accomplished during normal business hours, Monday to Friday. For the right individual, the opportunity exists to become a full-time Senior Move Manager on the team.
Job Type: Part-Time to Full-Time
Salary: $38,000 - $50,000 per year, Paid Time Off, Bonuses, Retirement Plan upon qualifying.
Applying for this position:
Include a cover letter detailing why you believe you would be ideally suited to this position. Include the words " Servant's Heart " at the top of your resume or cover letter to be considered.
Responsibilities and expectations for this position are listed below and vary according to client needs and organizational goals:
- Assist with in-home pre-move preparations (i.e., light packing, sorting, organizing, etc.)
- Meet with movers, packers, liquidation, and donation services as needed
- Provide physical and emotional support to clients to ensure a seamless and hassle-free transition
- Utilize computer-aided floor planning software to assist clients in determining what will fit in their new home.
- Coordinate timelines and details between real estate, senior living, and other key professionals
- Identify services, products, and resources required by client and make appropriate referrals
- Meet packing and moving teams and oversee for quality assurance
- Unpack essential household items and place them according to client instructions
- Unpack wardrobe boxes (i.e., clothing, etc.) and arrange items in the appropriate location
- Breakdown, remove, and dispose of boxes and packing material
- Ensure clear pathways and accessibility of items (for client safety and availability)
- Organize furniture and personal items to client specifications
- Assist in ensuring the client is adequately resettled
- Minor decorating (i.e., hanging pictures, clocks, etc.)
- Coordinate liquidation of any remaining personal belongings using reputable sources
- Assist with preparing the home for sale (if applicable)
- Maintain a list of reputable and reliable vendors at all times
- Recruit and train move management assistants and volunteers
- Develop and maintain relationships with senior living communities.
- Participate in company-sponsored events as needed (i.e., seminars, trainings, etc.)
- Collaborate with aging services and other industry-specific professionals to ensure positive working relationships and referral opportunities
- Document all client information in CRM provided
- Communicate effectively and regularly with clients and other parties assisting with the move
- Ensure service providers are paid, and proper documentation is provided to all parties
- Provide de-clutter consultations and guidance to non-move clients when needed
- Have a servant’s heart and compassion for seniors who are in transition.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and people with professionalism.
- Ability to train and coach move management team members.
- Ability to manage and schedule team members, movers, and estate liquidation services while keeping management informed of upcoming moves and their progress.
- Be time sensitive. Always punctual and on time, prompt and flexible to changes.
- Extremely well organized, detail-oriented, and very patient.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills. You must be able to get to the point with the client without being patronizing or condescending.
- Provide emotional support to clients to ensure seamless and hassle-free transition during what is a stressful time and emotional time for the client.
- Maintain and strengthen existing relationships with the sales representatives at local senior living communities and develop relationships with new communities and their sales staff, as time permits.
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft Office.
- Willingness to learn and utilize computer-aided floor planning software.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Requires standing, bending, and going up and down stairs.
- Must pass a background check.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle.
$38,000 - $50,000 yearly
About Junell Group
We're a top Northern Nevada Real Estate team with more opportunities than we can handle, tech-forward systems, and a skilled support team to help our clients with selling, buying, and investing in real estate. Our team has been serving seniors who are relocating since 2004 and has successfully supported individuals, couples, and their families in making post-retirement moves. When clients hire the team, they gain access to our turn-key approach to senior-living decision-making, relocation, downsizing, simplifying, and re-inventing their retirement lifestyle. We are a collaborative team, innovative, professional, and dedicated to providing excellent service.