"OUR PEOPLE ARE OUR STRATEGY"
VSS International, Inc. a leader in Pavement Preservation has an exciting career opportunity for a Project Engineer 1 at our Sacramento Office.
Responsibility includes but is not limited to managing accounting records and responsible for the production of financial reports. The divisional controller oversees all employees involved in the accounting process at the division, including accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, inventory, and compliance.
The actual scope of responsibility will often exceed this general outline.
- Attend pre-construction meetings
- Submit mix design request (obtain samples from vendors and ship to lab)
- Assist in the preparation and acceptance of submittals
- Assist in Scheduling projects
- Verifies quantities and hours with the superintendent daily
- Identify potential staging areas for the project to be investigated prior to the pre-construction meeting
- The project Engineer can create, print, and distribute project notifications for field crews
- Materials scheduling and procurement must be handled by the Project Engineer to assure materials are ready, sampled, secured, and trucked to the site if needed.
- Pre-work site visit with Project Manager to drive streets and identify potential hazards/barriers to production
- Solicit quotes for all TC supplies, BMPs, Portland Cement, fuel needs, and rental equipment
- Notify/identify all schools, transportation, emergency services, and trash pickup
- Call subs to coordinate project start dates and facilitate planning
- Assist project manager in cost controls and monthly budget forecasting
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have excellent communication skills both written and verbal to interact with internal and external drivers and customers.
- Proven leadership qualities.
- Must possess the ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects utilizing organizational skills and communications skills.
- Strong sense of responsibility regarding timely and accurate completion of work, and a strong commitment to corporate goals.
- Must be capable of functioning under fast pace stressful working conditions.
- Solid experience coordinating audit activities and managing reporting, budget development, and analysis, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll, and accounting for investments
- Provide leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all levels throughout the organization; create and promote a positive and supportive work environment.
EDUCATIONS and/or WORK EXPERIENCE:
- BS in Construction Management/ Civil Engineering preferred
- Minimum 1-year experience in Pavement Preservation preferred
$75,000 - $85,000 yearly
About Basic Resources
A solid and stable Company with over 77 years of service, we offer; Competitive Wages, 401k, Pension, Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance. Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Pet Insurance, Paid Time Off, Free On-Line University, Recognition Programs, and Advancement Opportunities, all with a great Family Culture.