Vert Environmental @ San Diego
We are rapidly growing and need a Project Coordinating Manager for the daily operations of the Project Coordinating Department!
The Project Coordinating Manager is a leadership role responsible for managing projects, ensuring field projects are scheduled and completed on time, that all clearance and onsite verbal results are provided accurately to clients.
The position acts as a direct resource for anyone in the company to come to with questions whether it be field sampling questions, laboratory analysis questions, providing pricing, administrative, and/or billing questions. In addition, the position manages and oversees the day-to-day operations within the Field Dept. and prioritizes projects.
At Vert, we offer great financial and professional growth opportunities. If you're looking to work with a company that wants to give amazing life-long opportunities to all of its employees, apply now!
- Manage all aspects and employees of the company’s Project Coordinating Department and Field Tech Department
- Attend weekly report meetings with the Project Coordinating Department, Field Tech Department, and Management Team
- Effectively communicate, multi-task, and manage a large range of projects
- Cross-training of employees to facilitate functional redundancies across project duties and responsibilities
- Develop and oversee the division of labor within the Project Coordinating Department and Field Tech Department
- Direct and manage employee’s schedules, duties, roles and maintain a highly functioning office on a Monday-Saturday schedule
- Work efficiently and quickly under challenging situations
- Direct and manage a fast-paced office, explain tasks and provide direction on projects
- Schedule projects, coordinate technicians, provide client updates and results, and ensure projects are completed
- Write and format lab reports, preparation of all reporting tables, and training other team members in the company reporting system and production of company deliverables
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Become proficient in company databases, project management systems, and third-party software applications in use by the company
- Excellent verbal and communication skills, personable and client service-oriented
- Strong multi-tasking skills, with the ability to simultaneously manage various projects and communicate with employees, clients, laboratories, homeowners, etc.
- Capable of training, reviewing, and critiquing deliverables (reports, emails, invoices, etc.) and approving work prior to submittal to clients
- Ability to direct and manage a fast-paced office, explain tasks, and provide direction on projects
- Ability to understand and explain the technical/science side of the industry and assess, review, interpret and provide analytical results to the client and team members
- Capable of directing various departments and prioritizing daily needs and projects
- Detail-oriented, accurate reporting, and fast typing skills
- B.A. or B.S from 4-year University preferred
- Minimum of 2-years experience working within the Environmental or associated industry
- Certifications in Asbestos, Lead, Industrial Hygiene are a plus (CAC, LI-RA, CMI)
- Laboratory experience is a plus
$55,000 - $65,000
About Vert Environmental @ San Diego
VERT Environmental is a full-service environmental testing and consulting company servicing Southern California. We offer growth and long-term opportunities for careers with benefits in a bulletproof industry with an energized team that thrives off a fast-paced environment the industry requires.
A company that employees are proud of and competitors aspire to be.
Empower every person in our organization to achieve more.
Whether you are new or seasoned in the environmental industry, we are excited to partner with people who want to succeed and grow.