Child Care Council of Nassau, Inc.
Are you interested in sharing your knowledge and expertise with Early Childhood Educators about:
- The leaps and bounds that a child’s brain develops within the first three years of life.
- Your passion regarding the importance of play.
- Concepts and strategies regarding intentional teaching practices to assist each individual child from birth to 12 years of age.
- Relevant resources such as the NYS Core Body of Knowledge can assist in their own childcare professional journey.
One of the Child Care Council of Nassau’s missions is to support the Child Care Workforce. Early Childhood Professional Development Specialists advance this mission by providing professional development opportunities to:
- Assist people who are interested in joining the field of childcare, and
- Provide intentional teaching practices which help Early Childhood Educators obtain the knowledge and expertise they are seeking.
- Provide direct service (training, technical assistance, and coaching) to perspective/licensed Early Childhood Providers regarding:
- Opening a childcare program – licensing requirements
- Operating a small business
- Early childhood Development – Infant through 12 years of age
- NYS Office of Children and Family Services Child Care Regulations
- Community Child Care Resources
- Grant funded initiatives
- Documenting and reporting data needed from direct services stated above for grants and contracts.
- Maintain ongoing and regular communication with Managers and Team members to create a collaborative and proactive workforce.
- Attend appropriate in-service and professional development activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood, Social Work, Child Development, or Psychology.
- Minimum of three years of work experience in an early childhood education setting.
- Bilingual Spanish preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office is required. Experience using Google applications is strongly preferred.
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation and organization skills are required. A writing sample will be requested at the time of the interview.
Please note: The Professional Development Specialist must obtain their NYS T-TAP Credential within 90 days.
$47,000 - $52,000 yearly
About Child Care Council of Nassau, Inc.
Child Care Council of Nassau, Inc. (CCCN, hereafter) is a private, not-for-profit organization that has served the community since 1972. CCCN provides child care counseling and referrals to families, professional development and technical assistance to active and potential providers, and offers services to employers interested in the child care needs of employees and their families. Through research and support of childcare-friendly public policy and development, CCCN serves as an informational resource and public voice for issues facing Nassau County's diverse communities.