Penn Enterprises, Inc
We are offering full-time positions.
Attendance is an essential function of the job.
Work in assigned area of production responsibility as scheduled in a safe and efficient manner.
Receives and sorts laundry and linens according to fiber, color, and soiled condition. Operates laundry equipment in accordance with safety standards.
Folds, wraps or places on hangers, completed laundry.
Maintains work area and equipment in a clean and orderly manner. Performs related work as required.
Create and support a culture of adherence to branch standardization in support of, financial, service, and safety goals.
Other duties as assigned by supervisor or manager.
Penn Enterprises, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Job Type: Full-time
DEPARTMENTS AND DUTIES -
- Quality workmanship, teamwork and regular attendance are essential in these roles:
- Soil operations: Examine articles to be cleaned, according to color, fabric, dirt content, and cleaning technique required.
- Inspect soiled articles to determine sources of stains, to locate color imperfections, and to identify items requiring special treatment or repair.
- Place soiled garments/products into push carts for delivery to wash and dry aisle.
- Washer/Dryer Operations: loading and unloading Washers & Dryers and programing the machines according to the formula and drying times required.
- Maintaining tracking procedures.
- Dry Fold: Take clean product (gowns, aprons, towels, etc.) from basket, inspect product quality and place product into folding machine.
- Feed clean towels into folding machine; inspecting product quality prior to feeding into folding machine.
- Hand sort, inspect and fold clean product.
- Iron Operations: Take clean tablecloths/sheets/PC from basket, inspect for quality, clip corners into machine and feed through machine.
- Observe equipment operations so that malfunctions can be detected and notify engineering of any malfunctions.
- Bundling: Bundle garments/product in a logical and coherent manner to ensure proper delivery to customer(s).
- Verify or count finished products to determine if product bundles or orders are complete.
- Load cleaned garments/product onto distribution trucks or other like material handling equipment for proper customer delivery.
- Ability to work assigned shift- attendance is required
- Basic Math reasoning skills
- Lifting Ability; up to 25-50 pounds continuously; Push/Pull Ability; up to 150 pounds assisted
- Capability to work in a fast-paced work environment that may have fluctuating temperatures and loud noise levels while working with machinery in a safe and conscientious manner
$10.30 - $15.49 hourly
About Penn Enterprises, Inc
PENN Philosophy and Values
- Integrity is the foundation of our relationship with our customers and Employees. PENN is honest with our customers, our strategic-partners, our suppliers, and each other.
- Professionalism: PENN is committed to having the best trained and most efficient staff at each location.
- Family Oriented: PENN has been a close-knit, family owned business for over 25 years. We treat all our customers, employees, strategic-partners and vendors, as part of the family.
- Employee Development and Growth: PENN is committed to providing growth opportunities for our team members. PENN always looks first to promote from within. Our goal is to provide growth opportunities in many areas – work experience, education, relationships and financial.