Scott Engineering, Inc.
Scott Engineering, Inc. is searching for a Production Scheduler - Planner that will be Responsible for setting and maintaining the schedule of materials through production to support our goal of quality products on time. Balance customer requirements, material availability, documentation, plant resources, and other issues that arise in a dynamic production environment to reach this goal.
- Sets the production schedule based on
- Customer requirements
- Parts availability
- Plant floor capacities
- SEI goals
- Analyze incoming production order requirements and develop master manufacturing schedule for assigned production lines to assure exceptional customer service and optimal manufacturing efficiencies
- Must communicate will with plant supervisors & leads as well as work closely with sales, inventory control, purchasing, engineering in a collaborative way to maintain a team environment
- Assist with monitoring of materials inventory to effectively determine production schedules
- Maintain a priority list of jobs that can be expedited or delayed in collaboration with purchasing and sales
- Manage the distribution of daily schedules and the collection of WIP progress from all plant departments. Work to streamline this process.
- Communicate upcoming scheduling conflicts with key stakeholders and recommend solutions
- Support forecasting of production labor overtime requirements using data from labor hours analysis group. Continuously update labor standards for all products
- Analyze daily back-log business reports to monitor workload and capacity requirements
- Support to the development and maintenance of departmental KPI’s
- Support to develop and maintain BOM’s
- Prepares reports on plant performance for senior management.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives for production scheduling process and information flow
- Competent in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Must have the ability to become an expert in the MiSys MRP system with support from internal and external experts
- Knowledge of administrative procedures and an ability to manage paper files and electronic records
- Familiar with IS 9001 quality system requirements
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to interpret instructions both written and oral and able to communicate effectively in English. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Bi-lingual (English and Spanish) preferred
- Able to work in a team with co-workers to resolve work issues
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Experience working in a production environment and working with cross-functional teams
- Experience working with MPS, MRP or ERP systems
$25 per hour
About Scott Engineering, Inc.
Scott Engineering, Inc. (SEI), a leader in the design and production of medium voltage pole- and pad-mounted equipment for the American utility and adjacent industries provides customers with complete, fully-customized power distribution solutions built to the highest quality standards.
At SEI, we see our ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) structure as a competitive advantage. Each of our employees is a business ‘owner’ with a vested interest in our success. We’re also proud of our status as an MBE (Minority Business Enterprise) / DBE (Disadvantaged Business Enterprise) certified company. It sets us apart and makes SEI the perfect partner for organizations seeking suppliers who comply with these requirements.
World Class Manufacturing is Scott Engineering's mentality and the way we do that is by living our core values, supporting our company's vision, and working together towards one common goal.