Scott Engineering, Inc.
Scott Engineering, Inc. is in search of experienced facilities and equipment technician who will be responsible for handling the preventative maintenance and repairs for the facility, equipment, and machinery; this includes inspecting for any malfunctions, and immediately repairing defective components to prevent delays in productivity. The position requires experience servicing a minimum of plumbing, HVAC, carpentry, electrical, mechanical, and hydraulics.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assessment of facilities, equipment, and machinery’s operational condition, carrying out repairs as needed
- Assist in the development of a preventative maintenance program and continued maintenance of the program to include…
- Maintenance of existing production equipment
- Mechanical troubleshooting and repair
- Correcting potential safety hazards to avoid injuries
- Support for ventilation, and other systems and conduct repairs and/or coordinate with outsourcing maintenance/service vendors
- Work within the established maintenance budget
- Maintain heating and plumbing systems to ensure the functionality
- Inspect alarm systems such as carbon dioxide and fire protection and quickly schedule repairs when needed
- Startup and debug systems
- Response to urgent breakdown / downtime events may require flexible scheduling to include after hours
- Undertake activities of pest control such as spraying insecticide
- Performing routine maintenance around the building such as fixing structural damage, for example, window, door, or wall repair, and skilled repairs on complex equipment and systems.
- Repairing broken or leaking plumbing to avoid water damage and restore full use of water fixtures
- Working on damaged electrical wiring when a shortage or severed wire occurs
- Maintaining the building HVAC equipment in order to keep climate control in the facility functioning properly
- Applying preventative measures to the building to reduce the risk of future problems, such as using a sealant on a flat roof
- Works independently within established procedures associated with specific job function
- 3-5 years of related experience or may need 2 years experience with additional specialized training and or certification
- This position requires at least a high school diploma or an equivalent degree such as a GED. Certifications are not required, although they can be useful as a means of demonstrating a potential candidate’s ability to handle the rigors of the job effectively. Must possess a strong understanding of general maintenance processes and methods and physical stamina to handle a full shift of being active and working on the building
- Basic understanding of electrical, hydraulic, and other systems, with Multi-Craft-Maintenance experience
- Physically capable of lifting 50 pounds
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work individually and in a team environment
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
$60,000 - $65,000 yearly
About Scott Engineering, Inc.
Scott Engineering, Inc. (SEI), a leader in the design and production of medium voltage pole- and pad-mounted equipment for the American utility and adjacent industries provides customers with complete, fully-customized power distribution solutions built to the highest quality standards.
At SEI, we see our ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) structure as a competitive advantage. Each of our employees is a business ‘owner’ with a vested interest in our success. We’re also proud of our status as an MBE (Minority Business Enterprise) / DBE (Disadvantaged Business Enterprise) certified company. It sets us apart and makes SEI the perfect partner for organizations seeking suppliers who comply with these requirements.
World Class Manufacturing is Scott Engineering's mentality and the way we do that is by living our core values, supporting our company's vision, and working together towards one common goal.