The Production/Demand Planner will use current customer sales data to plan production runs and build forecasting methodologies that assist Procurement in the ordering of raw materials for production scheduling.
You will work closely with procurement ensuring all raw materials are planned and available within lead times for scheduling of production runs.
- Develop forecasting methodology for production scheduling using Microsoft Great Plains, Microsoft Excel, and ERP Platforms.
- Maintain long-term planning strategies for existing production requirements and new sales orders.
- Knowledge of building 6-12 month production forecast from future sales deliverables and previous production history data.
- Assist Production Scheduler in firming all planned production orders for the current month.
- Work closely with the various business units to firm all production planning to minimize planned scheduling interruptions and eliminate scheduled breaks.
- Track and analyze production planning vs production scheduling to measuring monthly manufacturing production to the actual production planning process.
- Work closely with Inventory Control, Production, and Procurement to identify gaps in raw materials availability.
- Develop MRP strategies and create demands to drive MRP requirement schedules for raw materials.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (3 to 5 years planning experience in manufacturing).
- Preferred: Food and Beverage experience.
- Knowledge and ability to use internal ERP technology platform as well as strong skills with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel.
- Must be able to work at desk using computer, telephone and other basic office equipment effectively.
- Work shifts may extend beyond 8 hours in overtime situations, include weekends or alternate work schedule arrangements.
$45,000 - $50,000
Pride, passion and performance are the hallmark of our associates and we are looking for choice individuals that want to serve the communities in which they work. Join us!