Monarch & Maker - Interior Designs
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in purchasing or design for an interior design firm, procurement firm, or a furniture store. Specifically for hospitality, commercial, and luxury residential projects. You must have excellent organization, time management, and problem-solving skills, with the ability to change course several times daily. If you enjoy mastering details and get the job done on time without micromanagement, this may be the job for you.
Be sure to submit a current resume and complete the screening to be considered for this position.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Assist design team in making selections/re-selections that are functionally, financially, and aesthetically appropriate including but not limited to furnishings, fabric, tile, paint, lighting, hardware, etc.
- Review design selections and request pricing for furnishings, fixtures, accessories, etc.
- Create custom quotes for furniture orders.
- Create purchase orders and send them to vendors once ready for order.
- Receive acknowledgments via email, review, and save them in the client folder.
- Assist with all reconciliations in obtaining missing invoices/receipts.
- Assist Procurement Coordinator in tracking each item to ensure its arrival prior to delivering to client.
- Follow up on all backorders and reselections.
- Complete all paperwork to set up new vendor accounts. Scan paperwork into shared drive.
- Maintain accurate vendor representative and contact information in shared drive.
- Update all libraries of catalogs, swatch books, and pricing.
- Work some evenings and weekends, as needed
- Handle stressful, urgent, and diverse work situations daily
- Track hours attributable to each project to assess profitability
- Attend team meetings or other meetings, as required
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- Some local travel may be required
- Associates or Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Logistics, Interior Design or related field
- 2+ years purchasing (REQUIRED) OR 3+ years experience in design and residential furnishings (REQUIRED)
- Microsoft Office 365 high proficiency required
- Ability to multi-task and partner with the entire team in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in data entry while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Work well under pressure in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
About Monarch & Maker - Interior Designs
Monarch & Maker - Interior Designs is a premier hospitality and residential remodeling firm near Houston and is touted as one of the Top 5 in Texas. Our turnkey, client focused, ‘outside the box’ approach to large scale projects has garnered fast paced growth for us.
Founder & Principal, Micah Tipler, is an innovative force in design and architecture for hospitality and residential developments. She’s been recognized for her ongoing work as the lead residential and commercial designer at Bluejack National Golf Course in Montgomery, TX. Micah’s design, The Fort at Bluejack National was awarded Golf Inc. Magazine’s 2019 “Amenity of the Year.”
From initial concept through project development and installation, Monarch & Maker partners with clients to create truly unique and stunning environments. Our high energy growing team provides every client the benefit of our full attention, on each project.