The Processor Assistant position plays an integral role in the mortgage origination loan process within ALCOVA Mortgage. This position is responsible for reviewing and validating all information presented by the Loan Officer for set up of new files. The Processor Assistant works closely with other Processor Assistants and Processors to ensure loan applications are thoroughly completed and adhere to Company, investor, and industry-established standards. The Processor Assistant must have excellent 'people skills' and be driven with the desire to ensure every application is handled with excellent care and attention.
- Reviews New Loan Applications through Encompass to determine if all information given by Loan Officer’s/Assistants are correct, including but not limited to; supporting documents, contract, and all package disclosures. Orders all third-party reports including, but not limited to Tax Transcripts, Preliminary Title Reports, Payoffs, Employment Verifications, Homeowner’s information (HOI), and Appraisals.
- Utilizes the Encompass Task List to Support Loan Processors in all areas needed/requested.
- Maintains mortgage loan information confidentiality.
- Communicates to Team Lead if unable to achieve a timeline or to resolve an error.
- Escalates any suspected fraudulent files to Compliance Team.
- High school diploma or equivalent education is required.
- Ability to adapt to changing environments, situations, and job responsibilities.
- Ability to prioritize complex diversified responsibilities and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be willing to assist teammates and build strong relationships with Loan Officers and Operations team members to achieve closing goals.
- Self-starting, self-reliant, highly motivated, ambitious, dependable, and driven to succeed.
- Technologically savvy and comfortable learning new computer systems and programs.
- Ability to operate under immense pressure and manage stress well.
- Knowledge of Encompass software strongly preferred.
- Must be trustworthy, honest, and able to continuously display a high level of integrity.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Able to understand and respond appropriately to basic inquires.
- Able to read, write, and communicate using the English language sufficient to perform job functions.
- Ability to use Company equipment in assigned area (including but not limited to telephone, copiers, fax machines, computers, internet, etc.)
- Able to access, input, retrieve, and interpret information using applicable computer systems (including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, industry-specific computer software, etc.)
- Well-versed with keyboard shortcuts and able to identify new ways to complete a task in less time.
- Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Works well under general supervision.
- Able to handle deadlines and working within banking guidelines.
- Compliance with all Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML) laws, and Office of Foreign Asset Controls (OFAC) requirements is required. Employee must complete annual training in these areas.
$12 - $15 hourly
About ALCOVA Mortgage
Most companies start with a business plan. ALCOVA Mortgage started with a friendship. Bound by common background and inspired by a passion to serve, childhood friends Bobby Nicely, Billy Siple and Rob Lindstrom dreamed of one day starting a business.
In 2003, the trio joined together to establish a mortgage company—ALCOVA—an acronym for Alleghany County, VA, in honor of their roots.
In 2012, ALCOVA Mortgage made its debut on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in the United States and has been recognized every year since. The company’s phenomenal growth of 96% in three years propelled it into the league of such legendary businesses that gained notoriety on the prestigious list as Dell, Microsoft, LinkedIn, Pandora, Timberland, Zillow, Yelp, and Domino’s Pizza.
Today, ALCOVA continues to thrive, largely because of its roots in a friendship and the passion to serve.