Our law firm is hiring a Probate Associate Attorney with a minimum of 2-3 years experience. Applicants without the required experience will not be considered.
Below is more information about the requirements, qualifications, and job description associated with the job opening.
Are you passionate about helping people?
Are you an experienced attorney with probate experience? Do you want to work at a firm where your work really matters? This is not the typical small law firm! Our law firm is small enough that everyone is a critical part of the team, yet big enough to offer the security and benefits you want. Work where you know the Owner, have daily interaction with clients and help us grow the firm.
- Maintain client files in an organized fashion to ensure up-to-date information is handy for other attorneys, paralegals and support staff
- Review client issues on legal matters, analyze available options, and diligently work to determine the best course of action
- Conduct legal research, prepare for and attend hearings and/or other legal proceedings, and provide legal counsel with the help of senior associate attorneys
- Responsible for own caseload of probate files with little to no supervision
- Familiar with probate rules and statutes, including court local rules for different counties within Florida
- Familiar with and handle probate statewide in Florida
- Court appearances will be required
- Able to handle probate ex parte and motion calendar hearings
- Capable of consulting with clients without supervision
- Tracking of billable hours
- Management of case status and report to supervising attorney on a weekly basis
- Regularly update clients on the status of the case
- Conveys confidence in-person and on the phone
- Shows empathy to clients and puts them at ease during their difficult time
- Treats a call at 4:30 on Friday with the same care and compassion as one on Monday morning
- Demonstrates exceptional communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Case management systems
- Database entry
- Inbound sales experience is a plus
- A go-getter with a strong work ethic
- Probate litigation and trial experience are a plus, but not required
- Exceptional communication skills and problem-solving skills needed in order to work with all levels of staff and our clients
- Completion of a Juris Doctor (J.D. degree) from an accredited law school
- Successful completion of the bar exam
- Willingness to learn from senior attorneys to meet our client needs and grow our client base
- Candidates must have passed the Florida bar exam and have an active license
About Shupe Dhawan
If you join our team you will get to work in a supportive, fun, and exciting workplace. In addition, you will receive the following:
- A minimum of 18 (PTO and Holidays) paid days off within your first year after a 90-day probationary period.
- Job training and support.
Who are we?
We are a multi-practice, statewide Florida law firm. We are growing rapidly. The firm has a stellar reputation in the community and we only hire the best. You'll be on a team of amazing coworkers who always have your back.
We have built a firm where we'd like to work so that you will too!