We are looking for a private school admissions advisor with extensive knowledge and understanding of independent schools (a.k.a. private schools) and their admissions processes. Our focus is on helping students and families navigate the complexities of applying to local private schools and those across Canada and the United States. Your insight and expertise will provide families with accurate information about private schools and the benefits that a private school education may provide.
We believe that a strong foundation through education will set students on the right path to success. We need a like-minded individual to join our team.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Meet with prospective and current clients to ensure that they have an understanding of the unique culture and expectations of a private school.
- Have knowledge of and share with clients KEY’s private school admissions guidance services and related programs.
- Educate families on setting the right expectations when applying to and succeeding at a private school based on your extensive knowledge of the admissions process.
- Guide families to strengthen all areas of their application, in particular, supporting the brainstorming and refining of documents like parent statements and student essays.
- Coach clients – parents and students – on interviews through mock interviews and practice of interview techniques.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with admissions personnel and other academic institutions (private schools and universities) to be kept abreast on latest admissions trends.
- Develop and build relationships with new clients and seek opportunities to develop additional contacts through referrals or other networks.
- Answer client questions and ensure timely follow-up with clients on all matters pertaining to their admissions process.
- Continually keep up-to-date on latest information and trends in either independent school or post-secondary admissions.
- Write articles, guides, or opinion pieces on educational topics.
- Make presentations at informational seminars for current and potential clients.
NOTE: Applicants must either be parents, graduates or former employees of North American or UK-based private schools to be considered for this role.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably from a top-tier US or Canadian university.
- Work experience in an independent school is a plus, with a strong preference for experience in the admissions office.
- Experience working in an independent school or post-secondary institutional setting is preferred.
$40,000 - $45,000 yearly
About KEY Education
KEY Education is a Vancouver-based admissions guidance and learning enrichment company. While we may be a local market leader, our reach is global. Our team consists of qualified professionals who are passionate about education, making KEY the trusted source for families seeking top-quality supplementary education services and guidance in applying to their dream schools around the world at all levels, from preschool to graduate programs.
With our team of industry experts who are former independent school staff members, our students have gained admission to highly-selective independent schools including:
- Canada: Crofton House, York House, Collingwood, Mulgrave, Stratford Hall, Southridge, Southpointe Academy, St. George’s, St. John’s, Shawnigan Lake School, and St. Michaels University School
- United States: Phillips Exeter Academy, Berkshire, The Episcopal School, Harker, Tilton, Storm King, and Ethel Walker