We’re in search of a hard-working team player to join us as a Porter/Maintenance Technician I. You'll be part of a team responsible for the day-to-day maintenance and repair of physical assets in the property management portfolio. Under operational supervision, the Porter / Maintenance Tech I performs basic maintenance related tasks including janitorial, cleaning, grounds keeping, painting, plumbing, electrical, light HVAC, carpentry, appliances, and masonry work, to maintain properties and all common areas in accordance with company standards for overall functionality, cleanliness, and safety. The ability to produce quality work in a timely and efficient manner, while providing residents an exceptional customer experience and quality living environment, is at the forefront of this role.
If you take pride in a clean space and love working on a team, fill out an application.
- Keep the building safe, clean, and well-maintained
- Replace light bulbs, clean windows, shampoo carpets, and supply restrooms on a regular basis as scheduled
- Secure building by locking doors once cleaning is complete
- Remove dangerous hazards and clean up spills with squeegees or sponges
- Perform daily janitorial duties such as vacuuming, mopping, scrubbing restrooms, dusting furniture, and emptying trash
- Perform various laborer duties, such as janitorial, cleaning, grounds keeping, painting, and basic building maintenance and repair, using powered equipment as needed, in assigned location(s)
- Provide high-quality customer service to all residents by responding to maintenance requests in a timely and professional manner, and maintaining a clean workspace in the residents’ homes
- Responsible for timely completion of all phases of make-ready/turnover work, and troubleshooting, according to the turn timeline
- Complete all work tasks in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with company safety standards relaying information that might constitute physical or liability hazards
- Use and follow safety guidelines for tools and equipment and demonstrate on a regular basis operational knowledge of these products
- Properly complete all documentation such as work orders and timesheets in accordance with policy guidelines
- Responsible for being attentive to detail to ensure that all preventative maintenance tasks and ongoing maintenance and repairs are completed in an exemplary manner and any potential hazards or warning signs of problems are not overlooked
- Maintain community appearance with regular playground cleanup, trash pick-up, and other related responsibilities as required
- Experience with a variety of cleaning supplies and cleaning equipment
- Driver’s license or reliable transportation to and from the worksite is required
- Possesses a strong work ethic and have high attention to detail
- Excellent stamina and physical health
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent certification
- A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred
- Minimum 1-year experience in multi-family or housing maintenance, construction, or trades
- Ability to perform basic light-duty maintenance tasks for janitorial, cleaning, grounds keeping, painting, plumbing, electrical, light HVAC, carpentry, appliances, and masonry
- Ability to identify, use, and operate basic maintenance tools, including the ability to operate all necessary landscaping tools
- Ability to demonstrate basic understanding, experience, and knowledge of OSHA standards and basic mold awareness
- Customer-focused with the ability to interact with residents in a professional and courteous manner
- Ability to work collaboratively, take direction, and assist others in performing higher-level maintenance duties
- Ability to read English and interpret documents and communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Must be available for mandatory after-hours emergency repairs and/or on-call scheduled work rotations
- Ability to work irregular hours; May be scheduled any day of the week including Saturdays and Sundays
- Valid driver’s license required
- Use of personal vehicle with mileage reimbursement required
Mayroad, an asset management company, has an established leadership heritage of over 20 years of experience operating mission-critical assets that contribute to better outcomes for the communities in which they serve.
Mayroad’s mission is simple: create and foster long-term sustainable partnerships while ensuring the highest level of customer service and social responsibility are delivered to those whose lives we impact every day.
Our current portfolio features over 4,000 homes across six Air Force installations.
Mayroad provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.