Happy Valley Preschool
We are looking for a lead preschool teacher for 20 kids (10 per day) in our preschool building. The schedule is 8:45 am - 5 pm Monday - Friday with a 30 min lunch
We are looking for a team player who has a passion for early childhood education.
Must be able to work in a team-based environment and have excellent communication skills with co-workers and parents and management
$15 - $17.50 hourly contingent upon Education and Experience
- Plan developmentally appropriate curriculum for a group of 20 kids (10 MWF/10 T TH), age 3 - 4 (Themes and letters of the week provided as a starting point)
- Follow class schedule and keep students on track
- Serve snacks and lunches
- Assist/remind students for bathroom breaks
- Read, sing, teach kiddos beginning level preschool skills (ABC's, writing their name, cutting, letter recognition/sounds, numbers, weather, and much more!)
- Work well with surrounding teachers and work as a team for transitions and group activities
- Ability to adapt and adhere to all new state regulations for preschools operating as an Emergency Child Care Facility
- Must be enrolled in the Criminal Background Registry in the state of Oregon
- Must be lead teacher qualified (STEP 8 or higher, or 1500 hours supervised hours in a licensed facility)
- At least 1 year of experience as a LEAD preschool teacher
- College level experience preferred, but not required
- Food Handlers
- CPR/First Aid (must include infants and children certification)
- Intro to Health and Safety Certificate
- Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect Certificate (can be taken after hire)
- Prevention is Better than Treatment Certificate (can be taken after hire)
- Must Love 3 - 4-year-olds!
- Must be friendly and professional!
$15 - $17.50 hourly
About Happy Valley Preschool
Happy Valley Preschool and Child Care has been family owned and operated since 1990.
Teachers at HVPCC are valued and supported in an excellent working environment.
Our campus is positioned in the center of Happy Valley bordering a park with many nature trails.
This is a great place to work! Hiring happy teachers for our happy place!