At Hotel Sutter our goal is to leave a positive, lasting impression with the guests who choose to do business with us. We accomplish this through caring and professional employees who value dedication, hard work, collegiality, integrity, professionalism, and service with a smile. The Prep Cook will spend the majority of the day on their feet. Responsible for keeping the kitchen ship-shape, the Prep Cook helps set the stage for success by ensuring the kitchen is prepared and set for the day. Responsibilities include cutting food to required specs and maintaining high standards of cleanliness.
- Monitors amount the amount of food needed each day and ensures that par is reached by required times
- Ensures all items are prepped and ready for anticipated sales as provided per the Chef
- May deliver food to tables as needed
- Complies with all food, beverage and safety regulations.
- Keep food preparation areas clean
- Maintain sanitation and safety standards in the kitchen area
- Clean kitchen equipment and appliances
- Clean benchtops, floors, ovens and ranges
- May receive, lift, handle, and store food deliveries
- Retrieves food items as requested by cooks
- Wash dishes, pots and utensils
- Ensures working areas are kept clear
- Throws trash out
- Prioritizes tasks for maximum efficiency
- Works well with coworkers, supervisors, and managers
- Works to correct problems as they arise
- Listens to feedback and works to problem-solve any issues.
- Works to resolve issues with guests and coworkers on their own. Will utilize chain of command if issues or concerns arise that require more attention
- Good oral communication
- High level of attention to detail
- Enthusiasm to develop skills and knowledge
- Adaptable to change and willingness to embrace new ideas and processes
- Ability to work unsupervised and deliver quality work
- Positive and approachable manner
- Education: valid Safe Food Handler Training
- Experience: experience in food prep a plus
- Additional education, training, certificates, or experience may be required.
- Availability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Positive, engaging personality and professional appearance.
- Basic math skills.
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, etc for extended periods, and lift up to 50 pounds.
$17 - $18 hourly
About Hotel Sutter
Hotel Sutter is a historical building located in the heart of downtown Sutter Creek. We have a restaurant serving indoors, on our balcony as well as out front on our Pallet Cafe. We have 2 bars one located in our lobby and another downstairs known as our Copper Room. We also have a fully functioning 21 room hotel on our 2nd and 3rd floors. We pride ourselves in providing the best service with a smiling face to our many local guests as well as our year-round tourists.