The Prep Cook will prepare meal ingredients, simple dishes, condiments, and other items as directed by senior culinary staff. The Prep Cook should have general knowledge of professional kitchens, be able to work in a fast-paced environment, and demonstrate excellent organizational, communication, and time management skills. This is a [full-time/part-time] position.
- Assists in food prep and any other duties set forth or requested by the Lead Cook/Supervisor as needed.
- Maintains a clean kitchen, properly washes & sorts soiled dishes, and keeps the dish area sanitary and free of clutter.
- Maintains clean/dry floors throughout the shift.
- Properly washes, stacks, and stores cookware and storage containers.
- Changes water in sinks every two hours and properly use chemical dilutions.
- Assists in the timely storing of food deliveries.
- Maintains trash cans throughout shifts and removes full trash cans and boxes at the end of each shift.
- Maintains the dry storage area and the organization of storage shelves.
- Prepares meal ingredients as directed by the head chef, senior chef, or other staff.
- Prepares fresh produce by peeling, cutting, and portioning.
- Prepares meat by trimming, cutting, and portioning.
- Prepares simple dishes such as bread or salads.
- Mixes or prepares condiments, dressings, and sauces.
- Maintains compliance with applicable health, safety, food handling, and hygiene codes and standards.
- Assists with unloading, inspection, and storage of raw ingredients and supplies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Prolonged periods of standing, walking, and working in a kitchen
- Ability to lift or move up to 25 pounds
- Exposure to extreme heat, steam, and cold present in a kitchen environment
- Manual dexterity to cut and chop foods and perform other related tasks.
- Must be able to work early mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays as well as the ability to work late nights and unpredictable hours.
- Hospitality or Kitchen experience preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to perform all physical requirements of the position.
- Basic understanding of or the ability to learn basic sanitation and regulations for workplace safety.
- Basic understanding of or the ability to learn food handling techniques, preparation, and cooking procedures.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain personal hygiene.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Current Food Handlers Certification
$17 - $18 hourly
ChefSuite is an innovative pick-up and delivery-only ghost kitchen operator. Our business model allows chefs to focus on cooking while we provide the logistics and support to maximize their revenue. We aim to fuel the entrepreneurial spirit and support restaurateurs by providing the tools to run their businesses at lower costs, reduced risks, and better margins. Our company was founded in response to the pandemic, as food delivery has become a booming part of the restaurant industry.