Franciscan Renewal Center
Provide quality food service to retreat guests while keeping the kitchen and dining area clean and organized.
- Prepare meals, socials, and beverage services.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary kitchen and dining area.
- Strive to be a better kitchen staff member by being attentive and open to new ideas and learning more advanced techniques from the chef.
- Ability to maintain a great guest service focus while performing responsibilities.
- Ability to work well with multiple interruptions.
- Ability to manage time in an efficient and organized manner.
- Ability to build good relationships with co-workers.
- Must have current Food Handlers card, or be able to obtain one.
- Must have knowledge of cooking techniques in accordance with Health Department regulations.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Able to understand and execute kitchen recipes.
- Previous cooking experience, able to provide quality meals and service.
- Able to stand for most of the day.
About Franciscan Renewal Center
In 1951, the Casa de Paz y Bien began as a Catholic retreat center in Scottsdale, Arizona.
Now, as the Franciscan Renewal Center (still affectionately called the Casa) we offer opportunities for spiritual growth, healing and transformation, and service to others.
The Casa was founded by and is today an active religious community of the Order of Friars Minor, following the footsteps of Saints Francis and Clare of Assisi.
The Casa is guided by the Franciscan friars and works cooperatively with the Roman Catholic Diocese of Phoenix.