National Insurance Services
Under the direct supervision of the Billing Supervisor, the Billing Representative performs a variety of administrative functions to achieve departmental objectives and the company’s overall goals.
- Review and accurately process enrollment applications, terminations, and changes based on policy limitations, requesting Evidence of Insurability where required
- Analyze self-bill premium reports received from groups to ensure accurate calculation of reported lives, volume and premium paid; contacting clients as needed to complete monthly reconciliation.
- Annually request and import electronically the updated census data on all assigned groups.
- Respond to internal and external customer inquiries (phone calls and emails) timely, professionally and courteously
- Verification of eligibility and coverage/premium data for carriers on claims received.
- Meet multiple schedule deadlines on time
- Organize workload for efficient time-management.
- Perform various clerical and other duties as assigned.
- College degree with emphasis in math/accounting coursework desired.
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the insurance industry, or previous professional experience in an enrollment/premium billing department in an insurance environment a plus.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands.
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Must be proficient in MS Office products (Word, Excel), data entry and have an aptitude to learn new programs
- Must be well organized and detail oriented.
- Must have good command of the English language, oral and written.
- Must have a high level of interpersonal skills, and the ability to demonstrate poise, tact and diplomacy
$36,000 Base Annually
About National Insurance Services
National Insurance Services: