Law Offices of Marc L. Shapiro, P.A.
Our busy legal firm is looking for an efficient, organized legal assistant to help our attorneys and paralegals assist our clients and ensure we’re operating efficiently. You’ll assist with the preparation of legal documents, and handle all office correspondence including answering phone calls and emails, providing clerical and research support services, and other duties as required. If you have experience in a law firm environment, work well under pressure, and are looking for a rewarding opportunity in the legal industry, we want to connect with you.
- Assist attorneys with all aspects of cases from beginning to end. Gather, analyze, and research information and documents; escalate issues to the attorney, as necessary
- Assist in the preparation of all mail, emails, and incoming faxes, filings, drafting correspondence to clients, medical providers, and adjusters as needed
- Act as point of communication between the client, attorney, lien holders, and insurance companies
- Assist with the intake process for the Orlando office; create files in case management software
- Educates the client on case progression and set appropriate client expectations
- Maintains the hard and electronic files to ensure they are up to date, records detailed information in the firm’s case management software
- Coordinate and manage medical treatment care for clients (including the collection of medical and surgical records); maintain a detailed list of which client and which Medical provider they are seeing
- Gather, organize and manage the pre-demand process (collection of medical records, reports, and associated documents) and prepare the file in support of the demand, turning it over to the Naples office to complete the demand letter
- Assists the Naples office in working with clients and PNCs who speak Creole
- Completes file reviews
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Must be bi-lingual in Creole/Haitian
- Able to meet demanding deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable working with all Microsoft Office products
- Some college is preferred; high school diploma or equivalent is required
- Candidates must have worked with legal software, case management, and docketing programs
- Candidates should have strong organizational skills and communication skills
- At least 1-2 years of previous experience in a law firm setting performing administrative tasks
About Law Offices of Marc L. Shapiro, P.A.
The Law Offices of Marc L. Shapiro is located in beautiful Naples, FL, with a small office located in Orlando, and is owned and operated by renowned attorney Marc L. Shapiro, Esq. We provide an extraordinary client experience where clients feel heard and supported.