Deer Valley Plumbing Contractors, Inc.
We’re hiring a driven assistant project manager to help lead our team into a well-oiled machine! We are a family-owned plumbing company in the Phoenix, Arizona area looking for a Plumbing Assistant Project Manager to join our team. We pride ourselves on our family business culture with an emphasis on work-life balance. The ideal candidate will have past experience in commercial new construction project management and be well-versed in construction accounting, purchase management, job costing, payroll, scheduling, billing, waivers, pre-liens, contract management, and insurance.
- Communicate the status of the building project to key stakeholders by providing regular progress reports
- Clarify the scope with clients, engineers, construction managers, and architects to produce an accurate list of project specifications, including manual labor needs and necessary materials
- Coordinate all construction timelines and operations into an intuitive plan so the team is on schedule to meet deadlines
- Prevent injuries, slowdowns, and project risks by demanding complete adherence to health and safety standards on construction sites, and reporting safety regulation issues promptly
- Put organizational systems into place to ensure tools, vehicles, and equipment are well-maintained, and schedule maintenance if needed
- Conduct business with external vendors, contractors, and critical subcontractors to negotiate profitable contracts
- Calculate the cost estimate of all project tasks and accurately manage the project budget
- Ensure all necessary paperwork is completed accurately and on time, including waivers, pre-liens, and insurance documents
- Assist in managing project contracts and change orders
- Work with the payroll team to ensure accurate and timely payment of all employees and subcontractors
- Excellent time-management, organizational, leadership, and communication skills
- Familiarity with construction project management software is highly valued
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction management, or related fields
- Minimum 1 year of work experience in construction management
- Strong knowledge of construction accounting, purchase management, job costing, payroll, scheduling, billing, waivers, pre-liens, contract management, and insurance
- Openness to AI emergent processes
- Strong team player and collaborator
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
About Deer Valley Plumbing Contractors, Inc.
Qualified individuals will be provided with awesome benefits including paid holidays, paid vacation, medical, dental & vision, 401k w/Employer match, and company-paid life insurance. Deer Valley Plumbing has been serving the Phoenix area since 1989. We put honesty, integrity, and trustworthiness in everything we do and are looking for team members with the same values. If you are a self-starter with a passion for marketing and a background in AI, we would love to hear from you.