"OUR PEOPLE ARE OUR STRATEGY"
We are growing and in need of a Plant Operator I for our VSS International inc. facility.
Come join a team with a great company culture that offers competitive wages and benefits!! We offer Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, and Vision Care Insurance. We offer a 401k program. A Pension Program, Life Insurance, AD&D, and opportunities for growth and development.
An Operator I is responsible for assisting with the manufacturing, loading, or unloading of chemicals, emulsified asphalt, and binder products.
Operator 1 ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accountable for maintaining a positive work atmosphere, by acting and communicating in a professional manner with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.
- Loading and unloading of chemicals, emulsified asphalt, binder trucks, tack pots, spreader trucks, and asphalt.
- Assist in railcar steaming and unloading operations.
- Basic housekeeping duties (cleaning up litter, spilled products, office, bathroom, etc.).
- Sweeping building interiors.
- Proper tool cleaning and storage.
- Participation in safety meetings.
- Working as a team.
- Basic written recordkeeping; and
- Adherence to all environmental, health, and safety rules, policies, and procedures
Operator 1 QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to utilize a calculator for basic math (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division).
- Knowledge of basic hand and power tools.
- Ability to self-start, motivate others, and work with little direction.
- Ability to work in dirty and adverse work conditions.
- Ability to conduct the necessary weekend checks of the plant on a rotating basis.
- Ability to observe gauges, dials, and operation of machinery to ensure conformance to processing specifications.
- Ability to acquire a license for Forklift Operation; and
- Ability to advance to level II operator, maximum of 1 year’s time
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to acquire a license for Forklift Operation (OSHA); and
- Current state automobile driver’s license and a reliable vehicle, potentially for work-related travel.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
About Basic Resources
A solid and stable Company with over 77 years of service, we offer; Competitive Wages, 401k, Pension, Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance. Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Pet Insurance, Paid Time Off, Free On-Line University, Recognition Programs, and Advancement Opportunities, all with a great Family Culture.