Evans Group Home Loans
Are you interested in joining a leader in the mortgage industry who offers stability and growth, ongoing training opportunities, and employee engagement? We're hiring a mortgage loan officer assistant who will work directly with and support our loan origination staff. You’ll track leads daily, schedule appointments for the mortgage team, prepare paperwork, and respond to customer inquiries on transactions as needed. If you're a detail-oriented employee with strong communication and time management skills, we highly encourage you to apply.
- Be the primary liaison between the mortgage loan officer and our clients and schedule meetings to discuss outstanding items
- Answer questions about transactions for clients and company employees to help ensure a high level of customer satisfaction
- Coordinate and prepare documentation necessary for verifications and underwriting such as loan files, loan packages, credit reports, and additional mortgage application paperwork
- Review all loan package documentation for discrepancies, omissions, and income calculation then report any discrepancies to the loan originator
- Provide administrative support such as screening and making calls, booking appointments, etc.
- Establish relationships with referral partners and borrowers
- Facilitate the completion of loan applications (digital/phone/in-person)
- Help gather and prepare all documents needed for underwriting requirements
- Structure loan files based on specified parameters (running DU/LP, sending closing cost worksheets, etc)
- Quote rates (when necessary)
- Be the main point of contact for borrowers during the "contact to contract" phase of the loan process (Processor handles "contract to close" duties on LIVE files)
- Submit detailed and accurate application packages directly to underwriting for upfront TBD approvals
- Current on mortgage loan products (FHA/VA/CONV/JUMBO) procedures and documentation
- Create ways to communicate daily with Sr. Loan Officers, Processor, Operations staff, Realtors, etc. while working remotely
- Put out loan "fires" whenever possible
- Be a sponge for information/knowledge, always striving to be the best possible at your position.
- Be a leader, helping us improve our processes and procedures to always deliver a world-class experience to our clients and referral partners
- Understand basic loan financing options such as conventional loans, FHA, VA, adjustable/ fixed, commercial loans, etc.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills and willing to go above and beyond for customers and team
- Preferred degree in banking or finance, and a high school diploma or equivalent is required
- Although not required, having an NMLS license or training is preferred
- At least 2-3 years of professional office environment required, preferably as an administrative or mortgage assistant
- Must have a current working knowledge of mortgage loan products (FHA/VA/CONV/USDA) and knowledge of mortgage procedures, processes, and documentation
- Know how to analyze credit reports, income, and asset documents, as well as general ways to structure a loan
- Knowledge of DU and LP
- NMLS licensed (Will need CA state license)
- If not licensed must be willing and able to get licensed within 90 days
- Minimum 2 years of mortgage experience to serve in a remote role - Preferably with remote experience
- Current or previous experience fulfilling the roles of LOA/Loan Partner, Processor, Loan Officer and/or Underwriter
- Excellent time management while working remotely from home
- Highly motivated and goal-oriented
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be detail-oriented, organized and have outstanding follow-up skill
- Broker experience working with BYTE LOS
$80,000 - $120,000 yearly
About Evans Group Home Loans
Tommy Evans is a Certified Mortgage Advisor that personally produced over $75M in loan volume in 2020. At Evans Group Home Loans, we are focused on growing our purchase transactions and delivering best in class customer service. We are rapidly growing and have provided a fun working environment that allows our team to continue to prosper.