We are looking for a Petroleum Engineer specializing in the application of advanced digital technologies for reservoir management and production optimization, to be a part of our Engineering organization located in Houston, TX.
The Petroleum Engineer / Specialist will bring his/her expertise in applying Xecta technologies (physics-based, data-driven and hybrid) to monitor, analyze and optimize asset performance for conventional and unconventional reservoirs, and the advancement of these analytical and emerging solutions within the customer organizations.
- Support implementation and deployment of new solutions in Xecta software platform for customers
- Perform end-to-end modeling, uncertainty analysis and optimization workflows for integrated asset management
- Ensure customer satisfaction and capture value on deployed projects by providing a high level of customer service to drive success for our customers
- Serve as a technical expert and provide technical leadership both externally and internally
- Bring your ideas and provide critical customer feedback to drive product development activities for advanced digital technologies for field development, reservoir management and production surveillance for unconventional and conventional reservoirs
- Prepare materials and train personnel on deployed solutions through courses, workshops, and hands-on work sessions
- Execution of a wide range of projects across core focus areas of Xecta Digital Labs
- Work with internal RD and external technology organizations on key projects
- BS or MS in Petroleum Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or any other related discipline
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Strong background in petroleum engineering, black oil and compositional reservoir simulation, PTA/RTA and integrated production modeling applied to field development, reservoir management and production surveillance for conventional and unconventional reservoirs
- Experience with artificial lift design, diagnosis and optimization for common lift types
- Demonstrated ability to carry out independent analysis and problem solving based on digital oilfield practices and technologies for field development planning, reservoir management and production optimization
- Experience in machine learning, data analytics, deep learning, system modeling and control systems are beneficial
- Working knowledge of commercial reservoir simulation, well testing and nodal analysis software packages
- Experience with software development and product ownership will be preferred
- Familiarity with design and execution of data acquisition programs (PVT, SCAL etc.)
- Proficiency in programming languages (C++, C#, Python, Java) and mathematical packages (Python, R, Matlab)
- Strong analytical skills and sound business awareness
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work in highly charged, fast-paced work environment and be able to handle multiple projects
$150,000 - $180,000 yearly
Why join Xecta? (pronounced Zek-ta)
Joining Xecta means you’ll be joining an exciting startup in the energy sector with offices in Houston and Dubai.
Xecta Digital Labs is where oil and gas physics intersects artificial intelligence to create the next-gen cognitive digital oilfield. Our software products and digital solutions provide oil and gas companies with practical and robust workflows for upstream, midstream, and downstream engineering.