Are you a customer service insurance professional in Personal Lines and looking for a great opportunity in insurance? You might be a perfect fit for our open position. We are seeking an experienced candidate in Personal Lines insurance to join our team. The ideal candidate has strong customer service skills, as well as the ability to sell and expand the book of business. If this sounds like you, please start your application today!
Miers offers a great benefits package, 401(k), vacation/sick time and is an ESOP company.
- Work with new or existing clients to consult, change or quote current and new policies.
- Perform a quality control review of existing accounts to determine if the current program structure is adequate, quote additional lines of insurance, or enhancements to current coverage, and review with the insured.
- Receive and review all cancellations to determine necessary action.
- Maintain own follow-up and suspense file on outstanding orders and correspondence.
- Maintain underwriting (permanent) files in an orderly, up-to-date manner.
- Actively seek referrals from the current client base to solicit new business prospects.
- Process renewals and remarkets, as needed.
- Maintain customer accounts on the agency automation system, including documenting conversations and actions in the Activity log.
- Keep producers fully informed of important activities on their accounts.
- Prepare proposals on new and renewal business as required.
- Must have a valid and current Property and Casualty Insurance license
- Possesses basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and customer database systems
- Must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Excellent active listening, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Possess a working knowledge of Vertafore AMS360 and Applied EPIC
- Strong knowledge of Personal Lines insurance coverages, quoting, and sales
About Miers Insurance
Miers Insurance is one of the most established independent insurance agencies in Allentown and the Lehigh Valley, entering into our 130th year of business. As we continue to grow our agency, we are seeking qualified candidates to join the team and grow with us.