Miller, Dawson, Sigal & Ward (The Thumbs Up Guys)
Are you an organized, detail-oriented, and experienced personal injury paralegal? You might be an excellent fit for our busy personal injury law firm. You will draft briefs, create legal documents such as affidavits, do legal research for trial preparation, and maintain case files and other critical materials organized and easily accessible. We need someone with experience ordering, reviewing, and summarizing medical materials to produce a factual response to discovery. You will also have expertise assisting with family settlement discussions and mediation in order to prevent litigation. If you want to further your paralegal career, we want to hear from you.
- Talk with service providers or insurers about possible settlements for liens, bills, and medical expenses
- Aid lawyers in preparing for trial by arranging exhibits, witnesses, legal materials, client meetings, and motions
- Prepare a factual response to discovery requests by ordering, reviewing, and summarizing medical records
- Create legal pleadings, communications, and documents such as interrogatories, subpoenas, deposition notices, complaints, pretrial orders, legal briefs, and affidavits with the assistance of a lawyer
- Support family settlement conferences and mediation to avoid lawsuits
- Certification from the National Association of Legal Assistants (NALA) is highly preferred
- Candidates should possess high-level organizational skills, and time-management skills
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and talent for writing and grammar
- Must have 3-5 years of experience in legal services under an attorney or lawyer, preferably in a personal injury law firm
- Must have completed an ABA-approved paralegal certification program such as an Associate’s degree or proprietary school program in paralegal studies, Bachelor’s degree desired
45000 - 55000 yearly
About Miller, Dawson, Sigal & Ward (The Thumbs Up Guys)
We are a growing Charleston Personal Injury Law Firm with a fast-paced, team environment working with injured clients and their legal concerns. We prioritize culture and fit over experience. We are happy to train anyone with a desire to learn and grow. If you have a competitive spirit, love working in a team environment, and believe in fighting for the little guy then we invite you to apply today!