Bergen County Law Firm
Wanted: Recent Law School Grads (Litigation Associate, Personal Injury - Hackensack, NJ)
Why did you go to law school?
- To review boring documents?
- To spend the rest of your life doing legal research and writing memos?
- To fill out time sheets to make other lawyers wealthy?
- To defend corporations against lawsuits for the harm they caused?
- To do foreclosures or to collect debts from poor people with no means?
- To evict people and their families from houses?
Yes, our society does need lawyers that do all of the above. I’m not knocking them because some of them are my best friends. But, if your answer to any of the above is yes...read no further. On the other hand, if your mom, dad, or Uncle Charlie told you that you should be a lawyer because you like to argue; or if your favorite part of kindergarten was “Show and Tell” then we want to interview you for an exciting career as a trial lawyer.
Let’s face it, most people don’t go to law school to become experts in reviewing oil and gas leases. Again, I’m not knocking that, but I went to law school to be like the lawyers on TV and in the movies. Yes, a trial lawyer, in the courthouse, talking to judges and juries representing real people. So, if that’s your dream, don’t settle for less and contact me for an exciting career as one of the new hires joining our 28 personal injury trial attorneys of which 16 are NJ-certified civil trial attorneys by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
If you are serious about your career and not just getting a job, this is what you need to do on your cover letter:
- In the subject line write only the title of your favorite lawyer movie. (note: this tells me that you actually read my post and can follow instructions).
- Give me three sentences as to why you want the job.
- Attach your resume including all of your past legal and non-legal jobs (FYI: don’t bother telling me about your “illegal jobs." You never want to put that in writing).
You may think that this job post is different. You are correct. We trial lawyers act differently, think differently, communicate differently, and are certainly not boring. We are excited, curious, ambitious, fun-loving, and lethal in court. If you want boring…follow your dreams and good luck. But, if you want excitement, we’re your future because Uncle Charlie probably called it right.
Comprehensive Benefits Package available, which includes free employee medical coverage.
Including but not limited to:
- A strong desire to help clients;
- Willingness to be part of a winning team;
- Unique understanding of building and proving damages models;
- Legal intelligence in formulating case strategies;
- Good writing, organization, and work ethic;
- Strong desire to win results on behalf of injured clients; and
- Strong desire to work with the latest cutting-edge technologies.
- Recent Law School Graduate;
- Admission to NJ Bar in good standing (NY Bar not necessary, but a plus);
- Strong academic background;
- Past life experiences demonstrating character and commitment;
- Strong desire to learn the art of litigation from 16 certified civil trial attorneys;
- Willingness to learn and be trained in client intake, advice, discovery, interrogatory preparation, depositions, motion practice, arbitrations, and second seating experienced lawyers at trials;
- Desire to learn the art of originating new cases to supplement salary;
- Understanding of legal medicine a plus;
- Computer skills with Microsoft Word and Outlook; and
- Second language skills are a plus, ie Spanish.
About Bergen County Law Firm
A professional services firm in Bergen County.