Ohio Cash Buyers LLC
Are you a super tech-savvy person looking for a career with a company and boss who will treat you like family? You've found it!
I am looking for an Executive and Personal Assistant Extraordinaire to work 1-on-1 with at our growing Real Estate Investment company in our Springboro office.
You'll be my number one person for information, organization, managing my schedule and calendar, managing marketing and data tasks, working with our vendors and partners, scheduling and ordering items, negotiating with an entire host of suppliers and vendors, etc. You'll do everything from making lunch to helping me manage a $50,000/mo marketing budget and ensure that all marketing goes out like clockwork! I'm extremely fast-paced and have a major case of ADHD (really, not just saying that) so it's your job to keep me on track, on task, and take over all of the extra overflow tasks so I can focus on my top 5 core competencies that must be done for our business to run properly.
I have to be able to delegate super important stuff to you and trust that you'll get it done and find awesome ways to speed it up, streamline it, and turn it into a system and a process that others on the team will follow.
Since we'll be working together a ton....you have to be positive, motivated, upbeat, and fun to be around most of the time. Bad days are OK and certainly happen, but I'm looking for a drama-free assistant to enjoy working with who will help me get 3x productivity out of my time and ensure I'm not wasting time on tasks that others should or could be doing. On a normal day (which changes all the time) you'll find yourself split 70% on marketing and tracking tasks, and 30% on personal assistant tasks. Don't worry, you don't need to be an expert marketer. You simply need to be tech-savvy enough to perform the functions we need and track it all with excellent focus.
Beyond just the happy side, you have to understand I'm a super private person and you must treat information like a VAULT. In a way, you'll be a manager day one as you'll be the Gatekeeper between me and everyone else which leads me to be unproductive and lose focus. No joke...I have over 17,500 unread emails between 2 accounts right now and it's growing daily. Helping me keep up with all of that is your number one job! But privacy and secrecy are paramount. Even others on the team will not be privy to what is shared with you.
I am only looking for someone who has the right heart and spirit; meaning...there are dozens of things that are important to me that simply don't ever get done the way I want them because we're too busy. Thank you cards to clients and friends or special gifts that have meaning sent at the right time to that client who is sick. We do birthday parties for our co-workers and often rent out the VIP suite for bowling parties, but I want to kick these up a notch. Our team is my number one priority and the only reason I love what I do so much. After all, out of the 13 here, half of them are friends and family and we quickly adopt the other half!
You’ll be in charge of managing schedules, making travel arrangements, organizing our filing systems, and making sure administrative tasks in the office run smoothly. Job seekers should love planning, organizing, and diving into new challenges. You'll assist others as needed including the COO, the Sales Manager, and others but your priority will always be my stuff.
Being a small growing company, we all wear multiple hats. We all pitch in where needed to help each other. If you're not that kind of person and if you don't fit our culture and core values you simply won't fit in here and you won't last long!
- Very tech-inclined and able to work with our vendors and suppliers. You will need to be savvy enough to hire freelancers and others to create marketing, databases, scripts, and other things on Upwork and control their productivity and manage the results to ensure we get what we want to help our business operate more efficiently.
- Need to be a "less is more" worker. Meaning anything you see that we do repeatedly you need to find a way to automate or delegate a solution that has the least possible cost so that we all have time to work on our highest and best use and not get bogged down by minutiae.
- Able to mentally handle large volumes of data and classify, manipulate within Excel or Google Sheets and track. Able to get on the phone and call specific targets for information and achieve the result (which often means being persuasive!)
- You understand that the job doesn't end when the clock strikes 6 pm. Meaning I'm ADHD and disorganized! There will certainly be times I need to a question, ping on FB for a quick solution, etc. I won't abuse that, but the right person will have a home life that makes that OK. During the first months, there will be a ton to learn and a ton to do which will involve you taking some work home with you to get it done. We ALL do it when needed and we all pitch in!
- Must LOVE organization to keep our systems organized as well as my life organized. Everything has a place, and you always know where that place is because....I don't. Ever. Not my job!
- Understand secrecy and privacy. Not only is your job here very private and restricted to the top management level folks on the team, but I always keep my personal life private as well. You must be a VAULT with information and respect and maintain that privacy and always be my eyes and ears. If someone is creating drama in the office, you and I are to be a team and you're to report it to me so we can address it.
- Above all else - I'm looking for someone I LIKE, enjoy working with, and can get along well with. If you're not looking for that camaraderie and fun work-life atmosphere, please do not apply. If you're only looking for a job and a paycheck and not wanting to join a long term career in a family fun environment please do not apply.
- Part of being in this role and at this level of trust means you're doing something SUPER important in our business. If you're not ultra-reliable and rarely miss work, you won't be a fit. Your job here will have a HUGE direct impact on our bottom line and to me, that means supporting our team members and their families so they can make more and more money.
- If you're not a team-first person, this isn't for you. We're all about the team here and the culture and fun are equally or more important to me than making huge profits! It's the entire reason I'm in business after retiring in 2015, getting bored, and wanting to come back and serve others and have FUN with a team that makes it feel like it isn't really work. The hours fly by in a good way. You feel accomplished and productive all day and things just flow. SURE, there are certainly some bad days, stressful days, etc. It's not all roses and parades but overall, we keep it fun and love what we do.
- Must be great at working alone and also side by side with me. Must represent me very well on the phone and in all email, text, phone, and written communications. Folks will talk to you more than me. You'll manage my calendar, email, Dr appts, client and vendor relations, etc. One of our clients is worth $110MM....you must know how to speak to him the same way you'll speak to the client worth $10K.
- I often fly a million miles a minute and make quick decisions. It's what leads to success. Sometimes I need someone I trust to talk through a problem or idea and I need solid, sound, well thought out feedback and advice. I need someone that can keep up with me and someone that will offer the more rational side to counteract my occasional hysteria and rapid pace :)
- Must understand that everything in our office is SALES. Every role, in some way! If you're in actual sales, you're negotiating prices on homes. If you're our transaction coordinator, you're seeking to maximize the sales price of a home while saving money on fees with our title company. If you're in our marketing department, you're negotiating in bulk on our direct mail and other marketing channels. If you're in the rehab department, you're negotiating with contractors, material suppliers, etc. So if you hate to haggle and it makes you uncomfortable in ANY way, this may not be a good fit. It will be required and will be frequent. And the better you do, the more you'll shine here and bonuses are a commonplace thing. Seeking out the best deal on everything and saving money is how we save tens of thousands every year! And that doesn't always mean the lowest price at all...it means the best value for what we want. You'll negotiate shipping, insurance, vehicle insurance, supplies and materials for marketing, cards, data providers, copiers, etc.
- I've said it a few times, so I'll say it again. You have to be a tech-inclined individual. Gsuite, ADVANCED Excel, Word, Access, Dropbox, CRMs, manipulating and pulling data from resources we provide, scheduling and tracking via calendars, downloading and resizing docs and pics, managing the CRM and sharing permissions with me, and several different pieces of tech I'll show you and train you on. None of it is really "hard". It's mostly about ensuring that something that has 14 steps across multiple days is fully completed, on time, near perfectly. Every single time.
- Your number one thing here is keeping me on my highest and best use. Everyone at our office can do the dishes, only I can create the marketing or launch the branding that will add another 6 figure monthly revenue stream so I have to be focused.
- You will find MAJOR success here by making sure I am on task, focused, working hard, and that all distractions are kept at bay. That means you're my Gatekeeper and will, in essence, be a manager day one even over other more senior folks. Don't worry, they get it and will never take it personally. They all want me to be more focused and doing more as they know it impacts the bottom line and helps them far more than being accessible every 3 mins does.
- You HAVE to keep me on track. Systems, calendars, desk organization, food, fridge stocking, all of it....I give the keys to my work life over to you and put you in charge. My wife and you will communicate often without me even knowing it, making sure I do the things I am supposed to do each day.
- You'll run errands, set appointments, record meetings and minutes, sit in on future interviews to give me your opinion, place job ads like these, help me manage expense sheets, run team meetings when I'm absent, and 20 more things.
What's the atmosphere like? How about...happily frenetic! A bit crazy! Maybe that's it. It's fast-paced, you're going on 30% of the info and need to use context clues, intuition, and intelligence to figure things out, all while the entire team is cheering you on and wanting to see you succeed. We're all here to help, but we're also all so busy (hence this hiring ad!) that you definitely need to be a motivated problem solver, quick-witted, and sharp.
There's a ton of room for growth. You'll either be a perfect fit here or you'll stick out like a sore thumb. If you are that perfect fit, I can promise you'll love your career here more than anywhere else you've been and will be well rewarded for it. The salary is the salary...we offer many other perks, bonuses, raises, etc for awesome people that make our lives better!
I hate to even say this, but I need to so I'm 100% fair with you. I want to apologize ahead of time. Due to dealing with some health issues and some unsavory folks in my life/business, I haven't been as patient and kind as I want to be lately. I truly expect this to improve greatly in the next 8-12 weeks as I resolve this and as we onboard 6 great new roles, so I need someone that understands that. It's going to be amazing here again soon, but for now, we're dealing with extra BS we shouldn't have to and we're about 75% done with it so there are much brighter days ahead :) My health issues are also annoying and expected to last another 9-12mo, but again, we're looking to the future and building a better one every single day :)
- Experience using Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills, time management skills, interpersonal skills, and organizational skills
- At least 2+ years of experience as an executive assistant, or experience performing supportive duties
- Possess a high school diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent
- Experience handling confidential information and adhering to strict deadlines
- Heavy tech experience, tons of different programs and modalities. 60+ WPM typing speed (which is slow, I type 110) :)
- Real Estate, Mortgage, Construction, or Title Experience is always helpful, but not required.
- Marketing and Sales experience is super helpful, but not required.
- 2+ yrs Personal or Executive Assistant experience is needed
- Rockstar at creating systems, procedure manuals, recording videos to show trainees how to do something, and an easy ability to make our clients, vendors, contractors, coworkers, etc like you and enjoy talking to you and spending time with you.
- Able to keep up with me! Seriously. This is no easy feat. I'm fast paced and since I learn everything quickly without much effort....you have to be sharp, intelligent, witty, and fun. I am always happy to help, but you're here to help me have more time so I can't be spending too much time showing you very basic stuff. I'll expect you to be well above the basics, and anything else specialized to learn, there will be resources for it, other employees, myself for specific things, or....Youtube University. Youtube and Google are often your friend and you must be great at learning from both.
- The less of the marketing, construction, real estate experience you have above....the more you'll need to be willing to learn it after hours, nights and weekends, etc as it's basic to the functioning role of the job DAY ONE, so it's not a "learn on the clock" thing....you've gotta get up to speed fast! If you're not committed to this, then you won't be the right fit here. I'm writing this ad at 630pm on a Saturday evening and our office is closed every weekend so....we do what's important when needed and GET IT DONE.
I could ramble on forever but it's time to end this super long job ad. We offer a ton of perks such as:
- Healthcare reimbursement (and soon to be announced company healthcare)
- 401K with match after 6mo
- Bonuses, raises, rewards, and a ton of small thank yous in various forms.
- Paid sick days
- Paid vacation including travel to one of our AirBNB properties in FL, Nashville, etc!
- Paid holidays
- Profit share based on collective team performance
- Birthday parties, team lunches, and a ton of fun!
- Base salary is $45,000 - $50,000 DOE. The remainder to reach the advertised $55,000 - $65,000 is via performance bonus, team bonus, profit sharing, etc. If you're very good, you should be super happy with your pay here!
If you've read ALL of this and you know for sure this is the career you see yourself loving with a team you want to join, tell me WHY in a cover letter and send me a great resume! Why is this the job for you? Out of 150+ applicants that we'll receive...why do I need to interview you immediately? Be as creative and thorough as you can as we use this as first line of defense to avoid wasting time reviewing 150 resumes! As the ad says above, we're too busy for that lol. And my ADHD would never allow me to review the 150 anyway, so I only see the ones that truly stand out in a big way!
I truly look forward to hearing from you and I hope we get to work together :)
Better yet, my name is Bryan, I'm the President of the Company, and I'm not hard to find online! If you want to move straight to the top of the pile....find me online, on FB, by email, whatever.....and reach out! Say hello, and do your convincing there. In many ways, that extra effort is exactly what will mean the difference between you excelling here and failing out entirely.
Thanks for taking the time to read this truly LONG job ad, and I hope you're the one we've been seeking!
$55,000 - $65,000 yearly
About Ohio Cash Buyers LLC
Ohio Cash Buyers LLC is the leading distressed Homebuyer in all of Ohio. We work with an amazing team in the Cincinnati, Dayton, and Columbus markets, and we're currently expanding our home buying efforts into 4 new markets.
Our office is a small friends and family environment of 13 people. My best friend Tony works here, my best friend Heather is my PA, my good friend Ben is our in-house legal counsel, my SIL works here in PM, my wife is our AR/AP, and my brother Dan is one of our top sales reps, etc. The ones that aren't already friends and family...we adopt! It's just like that here. Life is too short to hate what you do or hate who you do it with!
We've been in business for 18 years now and it's our goal to buy 250+ homes every single year. We're the winner of the 2020 BBB Torch Award and have endless amounts of client reviews and testimonials who all sing our praises.