Vayman & Teitelbaum, P.C.
We’re looking for an efficient house manager who can help us improve our productivity at home. Your responsibilities would include, but not limited to: grocery shopping, laundry, running errands, cleaning, making appointments, coordinating travel, maintaining cars, buying gifts on their employers' behalf, planning activities for the kids, basic meal prep for the family, and more.
The need is between 30 and 40 hours per week. Being comfortable helping with the children is a HUGE plus but not required.
2 year old twins (boy + girl)
3 year old boy
- Managing the household’s schedules and calendars
- Scheduling home maintenance and repair work, and supervising the project
- Paying household bills and handling administrative duties
- Shopping for food, supplies, and other requested items
- Laundering, folding, ironing (when necessary) and putting away clothing and linens (including pick up and drop off for dry cleaning)
- Receiving and sorting mail
- Shipping packages (gifts, returns, etc.)
- Planning, organizing, and coordinating events and activities for the children
- Washing dishes if necessary
- Changing out seasonal clothing as needed
- Handle our travel arrangements and ensure all logistics are planned in advance
- Assist with packing for trips and helping unpack when we get home
- Take vehicles for service appointments and keep accurate records of services completed
- Basic food prep
- Keep the house tidy in-between visits from the cleaning service
- Organizational projects (e.g., weekly organization of closets, kitchen/pantry, mudroom, common areas, etc.)
- Maintain file systems for household operations, warranty manuals, household equipment, invitations, entertainment logs, etc.
- Maintain contact lists that include family members, vendors, contacts, businesses, etc.
- Ability to work independently
- Great time management skills as well as both written and verbal communication skills
- High school diploma or GED required
- Understands how to use Microsoft Office
- Experience as a personal assistant, executive assistant, administrative assistant or a related job with administrative tasks
- Attentive to our preferences and style (intuitive to their needs)
- Observant to the needs of family and home to anticipate their needs (e.g., scheduling landscaper if seasonal displays need to be changed, etc.).
- Ability to be discreet with respect for employer’s privacy (confidentiality agreement is required)
- Professional presentation of self and a great personality (sense of humor is a plus)
- Ability to think on your feet and also easily take direction without getting defensive
- Strong technology skills and experienced working with Macintosh
- Seeking longevity/long term commitment (e.g., at least 2-5+ years)
- Positive attitude and ability to handle residences and staff with ease and calm demeanor
- Active and motivated
Essential Traits, Education, and Experience:
- House Manager needs to be adaptable to the standards and desires of the Owners.
- No formal education is required, but the Personal Assistant must have previous experience either as a personal assistant or house manager for a professional.
Other useful traits and prior experience:
- Broad knowledge of household items and their care
- Problem-solving and “get it done” attitude
- Very “hands-on” and ready to pitch in
- Very resourceful, quickly learns the “how and where” to get things done in the local area
- Negotiating and supervisory skills for outside contractors and other staff
- If you are able to complete tasks without constant supervision and input from the Law Firm Owners, this job is for you.
- An upbeat and pleasant personality is a must
- Prior experience working as a house manager, personal assistant, family assistant, nanny/family assistant
- 3-4 references from professional positions
- Ability to complete extensive background checks, motor vehicle checks, drug tests, and personality tests
- Ability to communicate proficiently through text messaging or other chat apps
- Valid Driver's license and clean driving record
- Negotiable based upon experience; subject to review after 180 days
- Paid vacation and holidays
$13 - $20 hourly
About Vayman & Teitelbaum, P.C.
Vayman & Teitelbaum, P.C. is a law firm specializing in family law and probate. With offices in Alpharetta, Marietta, Lawrenceville, and Cumming, we serve the needs of clients in all of north metro Atlanta.
Founded in 2010 with a focus on family law litigation, we help our clients navigate the difficult task of divorce and the associated issues that arise out of divorce including child custody, alimony, and division of property. We have cultivated an amazing team and business culture. Our team of hardworking partners, associates, and support staff are all individually accomplished, earning numerous awards and accolades. We all come together, however, to produce a firm that is serious in the results we achieve for our clients, but all in a laid back environment for our employees.