Vayman & Teitelbaum, P.C.
Busy professionals living in Alpharetta, GA are seeking an experienced, professional, and organized House Manager to manage a busy family and their residence. This position will start part-time but may expand to a full-time position.
The House Manager is responsible for overseeing the general operation of the residence. You must be service-focused, kind, professional, able to wear many hats, and capable of maintaining discretion (confidentiality agreement is required). The start date is flexible for the right candidate, but as soon as possible is preferred.
The Personal Assistant/House Manager keeps the day-to-day operations of the Owner’s home running smoothly. The Personal Assistant is the planner, coordinator, and helper who focuses on maintaining the home to help alleviate stress and allow the Owner to spend energy on family and goal-setting.
You must be an optimistic, positive person, good with details and schedules. We need someone who can keep the trains running on time.
You must be able to think on your feet and make smart decisions. At times, you will also need to know how to figure things out on your own and be able to creatively solve problems and come up with solutions. If you can’t think on your feet, please do not apply.
You need to be able to talk to people (all people…including us, visitors, salespeople, servers, cashiers, and the public) in a manner that is polite, professional, well-spoken, and that puts them at ease. You cannot “talk down” to anyone that you deal with on our behalf.
You should not be a person who gets angry quickly or blows their stack if someone says something you don’t like. You need to be able to deal with the worst-mannered people with the utmost respect at all times.
Most importantly, you need to know what is needed to maintain a home.
- Pick up deliveries and run errands as needed
- Managing the household’s schedules and calendars
- Scheduling home maintenance and repair work, and supervising the project
- Paying household bills and handling administrative duties
- Shopping for food, supplies, and other requested items
- Cleaning and maintaining the home
- Laundering, folding, ironing (when necessary) and putting away clothing and linens (including pick up and drop off for dry cleaning)
- Receiving and sorting mail
- Shipping packages (gifts, returns, etc.)
- Washing and servicing household vehicles (or coordinating)
- Planning, organizing, and coordinating special events
- Washing dishes if necessary
- General maintenance of the home
- Changing out seasonal clothing as needed
- Handle our travel arrangements and ensure all logistics are planned in advance
- Assist with packing for trips and helping unpack when we get home
- Take vehicles for service appointments and keep accurate records of services completed
- Basic food prep
- Shop for groceries, home supplies, and other requested items
- Keep the house tidy in-between visits from the cleaning service
- Organizational projects (e.g., weekly organization of closets, kitchen/pantry, mudroom, common areas, etc.)
- Maintain file systems for household operations, warranty manuals, household equipment, invitations, entertainment logs, etc.
- Maintain contacts lists that include family members, vendors, contacts, businesses, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and time management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Attentive to our preferences and style (intuitive to their needs)
- Observant to the needs of family and home to anticipate their needs (e.g., scheduling landscaper if seasonal displays need to be changed, etc.).
- Ability to be discreet with respect for employer’s privacy (confidentiality agreement is required)
- Professional presentation of self and a great personality (sense of humor is a plus)
- Ability to think on your feet and also easily take direction without getting defensive
- Strong technology skills and experienced working with Macintosh
- Seeking longevity/long term commitment (e.g., at least 2-5+ years)
- Positive attitude and ability to handle residences and staff with ease and calm demeanor
- Active and motivated
Essential Traits, Education, and Experience:
- Personal Assistant/House Manager needs to be adaptable to the standards and desires of the Owners.
- No formal education is required, but the Personal Assistant must have previous experience either as a personal assistant or house manager for a professional.
Other useful traits and prior experience:
- Broad knowledge of household items and their care
- Problem-solving and “get it done” attitude
- Very “hands-on” and ready to pitch in
- Very resourceful, quickly learns the “how and where” to get things done in the local area
- Negotiating and supervisory skills for outside contractors and other staff
- If you are unable to complete tasks without constant supervision and input from the Law Firm Owners, this job is NOT for you. We are not looking for someone who needs to have their hand held.
- An upbeat and pleasant personality is a must
- Prior experience working as a house manager, personal assistant, family assistant, nanny/family assistant
- 3-4 references from professional positions
- Ability to complete extensive background checks, motor vehicle checks, drug tests, and personality tests
- Ability to communicate proficiently through text messaging or other chat apps
- Valid Driver's license and clean driving record
- Negotiable based upon experience; subject to review after 180 days
- Paid vacation and holidays
$13 - $20 hourly
About Vayman & Teitelbaum, P.C.
Vayman & Teitelbaum, P.C. is a law firm specializing in family law and probate. With offices in Alpharetta, Marietta, Lawrenceville, and Cumming, we serve the needs of clients in all of north metro Atlanta.
Founded in 2010 with a focus on family law litigation, we help our clients navigate the difficult task of divorce and the associated issues that arise out of divorce including child custody, alimony, and division of property. We have cultivated an amazing team and business culture. Our team of hardworking partners, associates, and support staff are all individually accomplished, earning numerous awards and accolades. We all come together, however, to produce a firm that is serious in the results we achieve for our clients, but all in a laid back environment for our employees.