Shockley Bookkeeping & Tax Services Inc
Shockley Bookkeeping & Tax Service is looking for an experienced, reliable Payroll Specialist to manage more than half of our payroll client base. This is a 40 hour a week position. We have 80+ clients total, companies that span many different business industries, running payroll for anywhere from 1-50 employees per company. Payroll is run at different intervals for all clients: weekly, bi-weekly, semi-monthly and monthly.
This individual must be able to successfully manage all payroll scenarios and communicate with all clients professionally and efficiently. This includes full responsibility for all payroll reporting and activities required for each client. You might need to assist with bookkeeping, AR, AP, administrative or other required duties as the situation arises.
- Prepare and submit all direct deposit and paper payroll checks for all employees at each client’s company
- Set-up and collect information needed for full payroll set up in QuickBooks online, QuickBooks desktop and banking information for each new client
- Maintain and document all payroll records per Shockley Bookkeeping requirements
- Process employee benefits and deductions including health insurance and investments, and monitor garnishment orders and other issues that impact payroll specifications
- Responsible for all reporting: 941, 940, W2, WTH-10001, OES3 and other state withholding and unemployment reporting agencies.
- Respond to clients inquiries daily regarding payroll issues, questions or concerns.
- Accounting degree is not required Minimum 5 years experience in payroll
- Additional experience as a payroll specialist, payroll clerk, accounts payable (AP), accounts receivable (AR), or in bookkeeping
- QuickBooks Experience
- Exemplary time management skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work well with others in a team atmosphere
- Display excellent communication skills
- Full knowledge of payroll taxes, qualifying payroll deductions & additions, acceptable payroll wages and salaries, and payroll filings in multiple states
- Experience as a full charge bookkeeper or Staff Accountant will also be considered
- Experience with all aspects of payroll processing and wage attachment
- Excellent organizational, mathematical, and accounting skills
- Familiarity with Windows-based computer programs a must
$18 - $24 hourly
About Shockley Bookkeeping & Tax Services Inc
We are collaborative, supportive, fast-paced and our goal is to do accurate accounting work and meet deadlines for happy clients.
Our work environment includes:
- Lively atmosphere
- Safe work environment
- Casual work attire
Shockley Bookkeeping & Tax Services is designed to help small businesses in our local area with accounting, payroll, sales taxes, and individual tax services along with Partnership, S Corporation, C Corporation, and Non-Profit tax filings.
Shockley Accounting has been in business for over 15 years. We believe that local small businesses are the backbone of every community. If they succeed, then we all succeed. Accounting is the foundation of the success of every business. We love Numbers and accounting is what we do best!