The Payroll and Client Relations Specialist position is an essential part to the success of our organization. This professional provides our clients with consultative expertise and support on payroll, customized based on client needs, and in compliance with all applicable Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations.
The Payroll and Client Relations Specialist should possess:
- An enjoyment in building relationships! This is a very high-contact customer service role with our clients and having great relationships with them is one of the keys to success.
- Data entry, payroll, or accounting knowledge! We prefer this person to possess at least 1 year of experience processing payroll, or working in accounting, or another form of data entry position where a high attention to detail was required.
- Organizational and time management skills! The ideal candidate will possess a track record of being very detail oriented. In this role you will be responsible for maintaining an excellent relationship with our clients, processing their payrolls, and maintaining all necessary employee information pertaining to our clients and their payrolls.
- A technology friendly background! This person must be proficient in Microsoft Excel/Outlook and is able to learn new HRIS software quickly
- Positive and professional attitude! The Client Relations and Payroll Specialist must collaboratively work with other departments and professionally communicate with clients; a positive customer service philosophy is essential
- Commitment to doing it right the first time! The ideal candidate will possess demonstrated experience successfully working in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines and 100% accuracy.
What the Payroll Specialist does:
- Build lasting and trusting relationships with our clients through communicating with them regularly
- Analyzes, prepares and inputs payroll data. Uses an automated system to produce accurate and timely payrolls. Ensures all payrolls are compliant with all applicable state and federal wage and hour laws
- Work with clients on answering questions and addressing their needs
- Stays current and knowledgeable of all applicable state and federal wage and hour laws
- Ensures all clients and employees understand payroll procedures through training
- Checks work, runs reports, etc. to ensure accuracy and reduce errors
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Provide outstanding customer service to all clients and employees
- Verifies I-9 documentation and maintains that they are current
- Assists with online background checks and new hire drug tests
- Files papers and documents into appropriate files
- Prepares correspondence and communication via mail, email, and company blog
WHAT YOU NEED
- 2+ years of experience in payroll, bookkeeping, or accounting
- 1+ years of experience in a customer service related role
- Is very proficient in using the Microsoft Office Suite
- Has the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to communicate effectively through active listening as well as oral and written forms of communications
- Ability to take care of clients’ needs while following company procedures
- Strong organizational, time management, and prioritizing skills to ensure productivity levels and deadlines are met
$20+ per hour depending on experience
StaffScapes is a premier Professional Employer Organization (PEO) providing small to mid-sized companies with outsourced human resources services in the Denver area and across Colorado since 1996.
WHY WORK FOR US:
- Competitive wages
- Generous employer paid benefit plans
- Matching 401(k) plan
- PTO, sick and holiday pay – office closed most major holidays
- Bonus potential
- Fun, collaborative work environment
- Nurturing environment - we love training and developing our employees
- Great company perks – holiday events, team building events/outings
- Freedom to “own” the job
- Growth opportunities