FordHarrison LLP, a national labor and employment law firm, currently seeks a Payroll & Benefits Administrator to join the Accounting/Finance team in Atlanta, GA. Under the supervision of the Controller, this position will manage the firm’s compensation and benefits system and ensure the smooth operation of employee payment and implementing employees’ benefits packages.
- Compile, analyze and prepare both bi-weekly and semi-monthly payroll in a multi-state environment.
- Main point of contact with payroll provider.
- Ensure timely processing of new hires, promotions, terminations, time off, and benefit related payments (including 401(k) contributions, medical benefits deductions), etc.
- Prepare termination, off-cycle, and special payments as required.
- Manage leave policies including Vacation, Sick and Holiday within the payroll system, including available balances, roll-overs and forfeitures.
- Manage the set-up and closure of state withholding accounts as needed.
- Keep accurate records regarding State Unemployment Assessment rates, updating payroll with applicable changes.
- Serve as the subject expert for payroll including recommendations for payroll related-processes and policies to ensure efficient and accurate administration of employee benefits and compensation.
- Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed timely and accurately.
- Execute time and attendance processing and interface with payroll.
- Provide excellent customer service to employees: in areas of compensation, benefits, and use of the payroll system including training managers and employees in payroll and timekeeping processing.
- Fulfill financial ad hoc reporting requests as required.
- Assist with forecast of budget projections as needed.
- Assist with reporting for 401(k) and Worker’s Compensation audits.
- Process ACA and EEOC reporting as required.
- Support implementations of payroll initiatives and projects including development, maintenance and improvements of the payroll system.
- Process answers for proof of employment requests.
- Reconcile quarterly and year-end tax liability reports.
- Orchestrate end-of-year reporting to include validation and distribution of W-2s.
- Manage an on-going schedule to participate in the learning portal within our payroll software staying on top of upcoming changes as well as ensuring that the most efficient processes are being utilized within our payroll system.
- Coordinate benefits (medical, dental, FSA, HSA, LIFE, STD and LTD) including enrollments, employee changes, system administration and compliance.
- Facilitate disability claims between employee and insurance company, ensuring appropriate codes are assigned within the compensation process.
- Work with HR team and benefits broker to create an annual electronic open enrollment process within our payroll system.
- Maintain the new-hire benefit electronic enrollment process within our payroll system
- Candidate must possess 3-5 years of experience processing multi-state bi-weekly and semi-monthly payroll.
- Strong knowledge of federal and state regulations
- Impeccable work ethic, positive attitude, flexible, confident, diplomatic, possess a sense of humor, and must be a team player.
- Ability to deal with difficult, sensitive, and confidential information.
- Strong organizational, time management and prioritization abilities.
- Meticulous record-keeping and accuracy in payroll and benefit expenditures.
- Excellent interpersonal (written and oral) communication skills as well as tact and diplomacy sufficient to gain the respect of attorneys and employees.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Handle telephone calls and emails within established Firm etiquette and professionalism.
- Advanced usage of MS Excel.
- Working knowledge of UKG (formerly UltiPro) software a plus, but not required.
Disclaimer: The above duties are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual assigned to this position. The list is not to be construed as exhaustive of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the employee. The Payroll/Benefits Administrator may be asked to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities as requested.
About FordHarrison LLP
FordHarrison combines skilled lawyers, a national presence, a unique commitment to client service, and strong programs of diversity and mentoring, to create one of the leading law firms in the nation. We have nearly 200 lawyers in 29 offices across the country, including three affiliate offices. Adhering to the principles of the FH Promise, our attorneys strive to provide clients with sound legal advice, practical counseling, and excellent client service.
FordHarrison LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.